• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Lost a Freind today

wrenchbender

I lost a freind of over 40 years today. His name was Jerry and was one of the best if not the best operator in these parts. Jerry owned and operated his grading buisness since back in the 60's. My dad and Jerry were close freinds as they rode motorcycles together on the weekends Harleys that is. Jerry almost quit riding when my dad died in 77 but kept his bike and later started enjoying it again. Dad used to repair Jerry's equipment as did I and we became good freinds also. He was an honest hard working man that loved running equipment wasn't nothing he couldn't operate. He was always helping the comunity as he was on the board of directors of our county fire dept he was also a member of the He Jaz Shriners. Always raising money for the childrens hospital. Jerry suffered a heart attack and left quickly. Jerry will be missed by many.

komatsukid

Occupation
loader operator/plant forman
its terrible to loose someone close to you, i know this first hand. im sorry for your lose. komatsukid.

Jeff D.

Sorry too hear about the loss for you and the community, Wrenchbender.:(

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Man, I hate to hear that. Sorry for your loss Wrenchbender.

Bob Horrell

Charter Member
Occupation
Owner/Operator grading business
Sorry to hear about your friend. He sounds like the kind we like to keep around. A little less than a year ago, I also lost a good friend named Jerry. He also had a heart attack. He was with good friends doing what he liked to do (he was at a equestrian event) and it was sudden and painless. When you gotta go, the quick and painless thing is the best we can ask for.
I'm sure his family will need all the help they can get for a while. I hope they have a lot of people to help them through this tough time. You will have a lot of fond memories of him popping in your head in the next few months. Treasure them and remember to live each day the best you can.

fhdesign

That sucks...I'm very sorry for you and his other friends and family.
Good people like that are irreplaceable.

jmac

Sorry for your loss. I have had a few wakes to go to myself lately and it sure does put things in perspective.
It is easy to get wrapped up in the day to day and forget to appreciate what we have.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
I am sorry to hear about your loss wrenchbender. I too have lost very good people that were close to me. The void that is left is never filled.
Cory

wrenchbender

Thanks guys, Jerry was a grest guy and I'll miss him for a long time. See Jerry was one of the last of my Dad,s friends. And this really makes it a little harder cause we always would some how get to talking about my Dad.
Again Thanks

Truckie

So to here of your loss of a good friend. My condolences.

Sorry for your loss. I have had a few wakes to go to myself lately and it sure does put things in perspective.
It is easy to get wrapped up in the day to day and forget to appreciate what we have.

jmac You are so right. I get so tied up in my work that I for get to enjoy life. I cant tell you the last time I enjoyed something .

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
I'm at the age where losing friends and loved ones is becoming more frequent. It never gets easy. It's especially heartbreaking when they are taken before what seems to be their time, it just doesn't seem fair. I can only believe that God has bigger plans for them.

Sorry for your loss.

wrenchbender

Thanks guys, I know Jerry is in a much better place now. Like Steve I'm loosing friends and family at an alarming rate. Kinda makes ya think who's next? So if any of you have any loose ends or unfinished buisness try and take care of them soon. So far I've had the good fortune of keeping up with such things. And have been truely blessed with good friends and family. Again I want to thank you all for your thoughts and prayers it means more than you'll ever know.