1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Looking for weld on ears for a bucket to mount to QD excavator coupler

Discussion in 'Shop Talk' started by bigrich954rr, Mar 24, 2020.

1. bigrich954rr

bigrich954rr Well-Known Member

I have some kind of JRB quick coupler on the excavator. I am looking for some kind of weld on ears to convert a pin on bucket to that kind of quick change bucket.

It’s a 2008 ec210 also looking for a good trenching bucket what size would you go with it ?

who sells the ears ? I’m close to 97801

2. Tags

Tags Senior Member

Some pics will be needed to identify what coupler system you have, if it's not a pin grabber(buckets have normal ears with pins through them) I'd bet it's probably a wedge lock style coupler (buckets have ears that have cutouts that coupler sets into and a wedge comes in from the back to keep the bucket on)

3. bigrich954rr

This are some of the pics I’m pretty sure it’s a pin grabber.

I measured the pin outside to outside I want to do outside to inside. Arg maybe next time I’m out there. Up loaded a different pic guess I’m looking for a bucket with 18 x 13 spacing right ?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
  4. Tags

Tags Senior Member

Depending on which pin grab coupler you have, it may be specific to buckets made for your 210, but if it is a variable spacing pin grabber you may be able to use buckets from other machines with different pin spacing, the only thing that would need to be the same are the diameter of the pins I believe.

5. bigrich954rr

How do I figure it out what coupler I have there no tags or numbers on it.

any leads on buckets about the size I need to I’ll buy a bucket if it doesn’t kill me on price

6. Tones

Tones Senior Member

land clearing contractor
    Find a bucket that fits the graber then measure 1; Pin diameter 2; Width between the ears 3; Pin centres. Buckets can be changed like the pin diameter(made smaller) or ear width(made narrower), anything else is going to cost relatively big bucks so buying another bucket that fits could be a better option IMHO.

7. treemuncher

treemuncher Well-Known Member

eatin' trees, poopin' chips
    I have a local machine shop that has purchased a water-jet cutter. When I need to swap over attachments to a different base plate, I can have them jet cut the parts and all I have to do is the rest of the welding and fab at my shop. Water-jet cut parts are usually within a few thousandths of dimensions even at a fast cut rate. Clean, near perfect and ready to assemble without any additional work.

I just had them cut out about 5 sets of side ears for my new-to-me S60 standard coupler. It was under $600 plus cost of steel for 0.75" plate cutting of those pieces. I machine the pins and weld them up at my shop to each tool that I need, or shop for items with S60 coupler bases.

The S60 is a Scandanavian/European standard that is not very common in the USA, yet.