• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Looking for the Most powerful Tracked machine

pafarmer

Occupation
Land clearing, demo, site prep etc. Ex Pro Motocro
Come on guys. You both make your points clear.....End of story. Besides this is all about me and my new machine........Right ?? Please don't spoil it over a difference in views...

For the record, KSSS have a clear view of whats, what regarding these matters..JohnD seems conmitted and very knowledgeable on equipment as well. Fact is, I owned a CAT MTL that was the biggest nightmare I ever had on any machine in 35 years of working with them and I vowed never to get a CAT again so, My point here is all of the manufacturers have good and bad and thats just a fact. None of them has a perfect record and thats about all that needs to be said on the matter. We need to agree to disagree and move on. This is really not worth losing valuable information from both of you knowlegdeable gentlemen over. Now please shake hand and be friends.

Thanks,
Farmer

928G Boy

I have selected the 2012 CAT 299D XHP. The machine is a animal. Loads of very nice features not found anywhere else such as Decel when set to full throttle

That's a hell of a good idea, so the accel pedal becomes a decel pedal like a dozer? I gotta hand it to Cat, I loved the 277C I ran, other than the front door (and especially the front door weatherstripping) that drove me nuts, and the quick attach that got all jammed up with mud badly.

I'm a hardcore Bobcat guy for life, but I firmly believe that its thanks to CAT that skid steers and CTLs are in the evolved state we see today.

pafarmer

Occupation
Land clearing, demo, site prep etc. Ex Pro Motocro
That's a hell of a good idea, so the accel pedal becomes a decel pedal like a dozer? I gotta hand it to Cat, I loved the 277C I ran, other than the front door (and especially the front door weatherstripping) that drove me nuts, and the quick attach that got all jammed up with mud badly.

I'm a hardcore Bobcat guy for life, but I firmly believe that its thanks to CAT that skid steers and CTLs are in the evolved state we see today.

When you have the throttle set to full the accelerator pedel turns into a decel pedel just like my dozer. I really like it becasue I am used to using it on the dozer. Great feature. The bucket levels on the way up and and the way down. Also has a tool return to dig/postion feature, very handy and speeds things up allot. Plus a bunch of other stuff that I am still figuring out on it. I love the new CAT machine its a real power house....

928G Boy

Personally I don't think I would need the return to dig or auto level on a CTL very much. On a wheel loader those things are invaluable but on a CTL its so easy to just go by eye ive never wanted any of that stuff

I'm one of those guys that runs bobcat style H pattern stick and foot controls as first choice though

chewy007

Occupation
Construction PM
My 953 threw a rod last week and considering replaing it with the Cat 299D XHP, I know it will not near the push power or the cubic yard capacity of the 953 to carry material. I have ran TK TL 250's and they are impressive when it comes to grading... I wonder does the new cat 299D XHP come close??? I know the 299c did not...
Thanks

Bobcatdan

You should at least try a bobcat T870. 99 hp, 3600 lib lift, 12 ft lift height. We demoed a S850, the wheeled version to a large asphalt company to replace their gehl 7810's. Operators loved the machine over case, deere and cat. The big cat came in close, but could only run a plainner 15 min before overheatering. The bobcat could run it all day long. I'm saying it it the biggest, baddest track machine out there, but it is a beast.

apetad

Occupation
Compact Construction Equipment Sales
2100RT Mustang - Designed and Built in America as a crawler from the ground up! Not an undercarriage bolted on in place of the axles like every other US manufacturer does.

jca57jd

Mustang 2100RT Is pretty much a takeuchi Tl250C with a few different hydraulic pumps.

apetad

Occupation
No way Jose, I'm sorry but you have probably never been wronger in your entire life. This machine was designed starting 5 years ago by Mustang/Gehl engineers in Wisconsin, Built in South Dakota in a non-union shop, and has not one single Takeuchi component. It was field tested for 3 years, and was introduced to the Market about 1 1/2 years ago. We have two in our custody and they are 100% USA built (With the Yanmar Diesel engine) Been using it (Yanmar) 40 years and haven't seen problem 1 with these engines YET!!!

apetad

Occupation
I encourage you to check it out, I am absolutely positive you will be very greatly impressed with what we can make here in the USA!!!!

jca57jd

Apetad, I do stand corrected, and I am in no way or forum against USA built equipment!!!. I belive that the model that I was refering to was the mtl325. I can see that the Mustang 2100RT is a completly different machine. The undercarriage and overall size is alot different than the tak tl250. Ive never ran one of those and I will have to keep my eye on look out to try one out and see how much power she has!..... Oh and by the way welcome to the forum!

Digdeep

2100RT Mustang - Designed and Built in America as a crawler from the ground up! Not an undercarriage bolted on in place of the axles like every other US manufacturer does.

I think you missed ASV (Terex). They were designing rubber tracked machines from the ground up long before Mustang/Gehl ever thought of it...about 27 years before.

And all CTLs currently sold in the USA are made in the USA with the exception of the Takeuchi, Kubota and IHI.

apetad

Occupation
You are right, But Case/Deere/Cat/Bobcat/New Holland/ all are designed as skid steer with axles & tires, just assembled differently and undercarriage added on. That was my point.

Alabama

I purchased a 2011 Bobcat T-870 and forestry kit brand new. I loved the machine at first and at 40 hours it blew a track drive motor seal. The dealer did not have any machines set up that I could use to continue the job I was on so I lost the work to someone else. This same exact thing happened on the other drive motor at less than 100 hours. Another job lost.
I'm not exactly sure what was failing in these drive motors but it happened 3 more times costing me several good paying jobs. I ended up having to let the machine go back because I could not make the payments with the machine spending so much time in the shop. I contacted the company but no help came fro that.

andoman

bobcatdan: You should at least try a bobcat T870. 99 hp, 3600 lib lift, 12 ft lift height. We demoed a S850, the wheeled version to a large asphalt company to replace their gehl 7810's. Operators loved the machine over case, deere and cat. The big cat came in close, but could only run a plainner 15 min before overheatering. The bobcat could run it all day long. I'm saying it it the biggest, baddest track machine out there, but it is a beast.

Funny we did exactly the same thing. Our asphalt company demo'd the 850 and bought one and started selling our 7810's and 2109's. We have a few months under our belt with the 850 now and it's a beast, the high flow is great with the mill attachment and the lift height is excellent. Very happy with the purchase and would recommend them to anyone.

Deereman

Thanks KSSS, I did indeed give all of the machines a fair and honest comparison. I really liked the CASE machines, both the 320 and 380, they would make a great all around CTL in my opinion and if I could only own one , the CASE would be it. The Takeuchi TL250 was an animal too. If I was just pushing dirt around all day the Takeuchi would have won my business. The CASE was a great all around machine that held tractions on steep terrian best, The CAT had the big HP numbers i was looking for in the end. It ran all of my attachments with power to spare. I am talking to the CASE dealer again on Monday to see what kind of deal we could work if I traded my 333D's for both the CASE 320 and the 380.....I can't say enough good things about the CASE CTL line of products. I was really impressed by them in all aspects. Very well built, thought out units. The heated seat is an awesome option and the ride control along with the ability to teach it your operating habits/needs is something I wouldn't mind paying for....Anyone in the market for a new machine absolutely needs to strongly consider the CASE machines. They have a really nice new backhoe on the market too that I am looking at for the business.
Just curious to why you would get rid of the 333's?