• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Looking for service truck

nowing75

We are looking at adding another service truck but not much out there. Looking for kw or Pete,14’ bed with 12k crane. Would like new but was told if I order now could be close to a year before I see it. Any one know of a gentle used one? Kind of like the fetrel bed but would like to see what’s out there. Thanks

Jason

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
Scott Macon Eq had a couple Pete’s for sale a few weeks ago. I don’t know if they still have them or not. They were on their website. A couple years old, low miles. I doubt they have a 12k crane. I don’t recall all the details.

Old Doug

If you had time or you could hire it done . Beds dont seem to be worth any thing and i have saw several cranes cheap. The truck may be a deal. If service trucks are crazy high maybe a guy could build some?

Mike L

Occupation
Self employed field mechanic
Last week I called qt equipment in Akron looking at pricing and availability on a new kenworth with a 14’ IMT. Roughly 1 year out and $250k. A miller enpak will add $24k to the unit. There is some stuff on truck paper but I don’t believe they actually have the trucks. I think they’re just looking for your deposit until it comes in.

JLarson

Occupation
Owner- civil and heavy repair/fab company
We've been looking too, stupid right now. I'll probably get another used truck and find a crane and stuff separate and build it ourselves.

nowing75

Ya seams to be the trend on truck paper. Every one i call has no inventory on the ground. They wanted me to get it by the end of year but looks like that's not happening.

Mike L

Occupation
Self employed field mechanic
Just heard today there is a new peterbilt 337 with a 14’ maintainer in maine at whited peterbilt. Guy ordered it and didn’t take it. $289k