• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Looking for international harvester excavators

IH560JL

:usa Hello, anyone know where a guy can find ih excavators for sale, looking for the french made ones. Want small and large. Missed out on one locally, went to scrap when owner passed away and kids wanted money. Was told they drove it onto flatbed and ran like new, scrap yard only saw for the wieght and cut it up! Looking to restore and use, if price is right might by several. Thks jim

Last edited by a moderator:

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
Jim, Welcome to the Heavy Equipment Forums. For future reference please refrain from posting in "ALL CAPS" as it is considered shouting in nettiquette. Thanks. Good Luck with your IH search. I have never actually seen a genuine IH excavator in the flesh except for the old minis.

Qball: Its called English:
Looking to restore and use

IH560JL

ok, will post lowers, "old mini's?" you don't think i mean "ihi" do you? ihi is a jap. company that makes scrap, international harvester had made a french co. make to thier specifications a machine way ahead of the time, they had long sticks before anyone knew what they were for, they had extendable sticks that many companies are just now coming out with and claiming to be a "new" idea. ih had this in early 70's. jim

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
ok, will post lowers, "old mini's?" you don't think i mean "ihi" do you? ihi is a jap. company that makes scrap, international harvester had made a french co. make to thier specifications a machine way ahead of the time, they had long sticks before anyone knew what they were for, they had extendable sticks that many companies are just now coming out with and claiming to be a "new" idea. ih had this in early 70's. jim

Now I come to think of it I'm not sure wether the mini I'm thinking of was IH or IHI......but it wasn't scrap thats for sure. Owned by a drainage company that used the hell out of it for like 20 years.

Last edited:

stretch

Occupation
gopher
Ah yes, the IH/Yumbo machines. Good luck finding those, I have never seen one, but it seems that more than one of our members aren't too fond of them...:stirthepot

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
I've only ever seen one, about the size of a Cat 215. It was probably a 30 year old machine and was a bit strange looking. It was parked so I never saw it working. I't's gone now and I haven't seen it since.

qball

Occupation
local 150 operator
Now I come to think of it I'm not sure wether the mini I'm thinking of was IH or IHI......but it wasn't scrap thats for sure. Owned by a drainage company that used the hell out of it for like 20 years.

squizzy, it's called sarcastic humor.
it will be next to impossible to get parts for.
mark kresmery construction in elgin il has one.
i will try to post pics of it on monday.

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
DEAS, HELP, .............................. hes looking for a .............................Yumbo
:eek:

I'll take a gamble that Deas wont be able to reach me from where he is and risk posting this, .........again. ( Steve have we got a smiley ducking ) :eek:
yumbo 011.jpg

This is available and still runs but I think shipping costs will put it out of the running. It should have gone for scrap when prices were up!

I wonder how many bits I'd have to take off to get it in a box like Brians Spiderhoe or that TimberC@t :drinkup

Last edited:

IH560JL

Thanks. Shipping from uk will put me out of running, if one in elgin is avail. To be sold, i would be able to haul home myself from there. Any phone # avail.? Thks jim

IH560JL

SORRY SQUIZZY, I HAVE WORKED ON ALMOST 50 IHI HOES AND ALMOST ALL WERE REALLY BAD SHAPE FOR SOME ONLY 1 YEAR OLD, ALL CUSTOMERS SAID THAT WOULD BE LAST ONE THEY WOULD EVER OWN, MY INTEREST IN I.H. IS THAT I LIKE TO FIND I.H. STRANGE DUCKS AND RESTORE, THEN PLAY WITH AS TIME AND MONEY ALLOW. I HAVE ONE OF FIRST I.H.3200A SKID LOADERS IH BOUGHT FOR RESALE, IH2404 INDUSTRIAL LP IH MADE ONLY FOR SLAUGHTER HOUSES, ETC. oops in caps again. jim

qball

Occupation
local 150 operator
Thanks. Shipping from uk will put me out of running, if one in elgin is avail. To be sold, i would be able to haul home myself from there. Any phone # avail.? Thks jim

the hoe is still in "use" but i will get pics and ask the owner if he wants to part with it. it is in hampshire now lookin ugly.:drinkup

dirt digger

Occupation
pushing dirt, baling hay, and hitting the books

i don't know about that...if they can dismantle and put in a cargo box it might be cheaper then thought...my dads company puts trucks in shipping containers all the time to ship to Africa, they are buying trucks up like mad down there...especially Macks

special tool

IH - here's one from Machinerytrader.com
Guy wants $18,500 for it; says it runs good.
Its in North Dakota.

But are you sure we can't talk you out of it??:D

Attachments

• 73949899.jpg
    73949899.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 4,113
  • 73949903.jpg
    73949903.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 3,023
  • 73949901.jpg
    73949901.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 3,045
  • 73949905.jpg
    73949905.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 3,123

surfer-joe

I've seen a very few of these, only one or two actually working. Most were in Midwest as International dealers were larger there and promoted them more heavily. I suspect parts for the hoe might be a problem, with maybe less trouble for hydraulic and engine parts. Good Luck!

Taylortractornu

Charter Member
Occupation
Privvate landfill operator/manager
I know of a couple Drott Yumbos around here and a ones a 30 with a grapple but the swing gears are stripped. I found the man a new one for 2500. But thats too much he says. Its in a scrap yard has the old pipe boom. Think the mtor was chanced out. It has the little Cast pads. Also theres purple 40 in Muscle Shoals Alabama and a yard. I think its Mallard steel. A logger friend also has a later on that hs the square boom with the cylinder under the stick.

IH560JL

Still looking for ih excavator

Qball was to contact owner of one in elgin, il , did you do it? Any contact info for him and i will call him. Am still very interested.

qball

Occupation
local 150 operator
the owner doesn't seem to want to part with it.
look him up and call,

GGDOZERINC

We sold one just the other day... Best day of my!!! No it was a good machine for years and the last ten years it was just used as a spare and farm machine. You can still get parts for them. Take some time to come in but the local komatsu dealer here can get parts.