• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Looking for Feed Back

gostr8r

Occupation
Full time crane operator for Crane Rental Corp sin
I agree totally with Liebherr1160. A boom truck is a less than reasonable option for what you're going to try to use the next 'crane' for. Boom trucks have their place and should stay there. I don't run many lighter taxi cranes so can't offer much in the way of a suggestion but do a good thorough inspection of the unit before paying up or you might be sorry down the road. I was a crane inspector for a few years and can tell you that a lot of structural damage can go unseen if you don't look past the fresh paint and new tires. Get all over and underneath it with a good light, check out the maintenance history, fluid change intervals on key items and maybe even send in a fluid sample for an analysis, look for signs of misuse too. Good luck.

Impact

Occupation
Owner
Not sure this is going to work

Attachments

• LTM 1080-1 L FRONT 2A.jpg
    LTM 1080-1 L FRONT 2A.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 192

Impact

Occupation
Owner
I guess it did work.

Attachments

• LTM 1080-1 L RIGHT SIDEA.jpg
    LTM 1080-1 L RIGHT SIDEA.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 190

Impact

Occupation
Owner
I've got to say this German made crane is impressive. Everything that you ever thought a crane should have, it has. But, it's a much more complex crane than I'm used to. It hasn't left the yard yet. A hydraulic hose got tired the first day after I bought it. Had to order it from Germany. I need to find someone locally to buy hoses from with metric fittings.

We're gradually learning what all the buttons and switches are for. The operator's manual is as thick as two sears catalogs. Most of it is coming to us a little at a time. We have one problem to work through still. The Liccon system is telling us we have anywhere between 4,000-11,000 pounds on the hook when there's basically nothing other than the hook block. Might just be an adjustment. Might be a load cell.

Still trying to get it permitted for Ky. There's a main counterweight 14,000#. I'd love to be able to leave it on, and permit it. It's a real pain to install as it's pinned in place and has to have the additional weight on the deck to get enough height to reach the first slab. Its the difference betwen running it as a quick set up taxi cab or a semi hauling the weights each and every time it's moved. Argh.