• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Looking For a New Compact Track Loader

dieselnut

Banned
Occupation
Site Prep and Grading
I have heard that the Bobcat have had a lot of down time. Thanks for confirming.

No demos yet but once I do I will let you guys know my results

JDMGrading

Check out a T320....I never really thought much about them till I checked one out at the dealership and had a salesman tell me things I never thought a bobcat had. I think its a really sweet machine! Infact...

Turns out I'm picking up a new T320 tomarrow.

curbside

Yes give the T320 a try. I have been very happy with all my bobcat machines. Of course that doesn't mean I haven't had any problems but warranty has covered all problems and the dealer support here is excellent.My newest T320 is the suspension carriage and I have to say I love it. It rides very smooth. I currently own a S185,S330,T300, and a T320. We use the machines for Land clearing, forestry mowing, back filling and the usual. I have run most of the other major brands and I find the bobcat brands are more comfortable and seem to be a little higher end feeling then the others. The biggest thing to look at whenbuying new is dealer support and for compact track loaders get the longest warranty there is.

equipmentguy

Tl 250

I am in need of a new CTL. I currently have a 2003 cat 287 track loader that I purchased with alot of hours on it. I need something with alot of horsepower. I was thinking of the deere CT332 bobcat T320 and the cat 299C. I move alot of dirt, clear come land of brush and small debris, and move loaded pallets. What do you guys think, I know I left a few brands out but I am open to machines in the same class as the mentioned above. Thanks for the help.

If you are interested in a Takeuchi Please call me. We are the new Takeuchi Dealer in Wilmington. Our equipment should be in a a little while.
Thanks Adam
336-803-0698

equipmentguy

I am in need of a new CTL. I currently have a 2003 cat 287 track loader that I purchased with alot of hours on it. I need something with alot of horsepower. I was thinking of the deere CT332 bobcat T320 and the cat 299C. I move alot of dirt, clear come land of brush and small debris, and move loaded pallets. What do you guys think, I know I left a few brands out but I am open to machines in the same class as the mentioned above. Thanks for the help.

KSSS- I will demo the Case and then I can get a fell for the machine. All I have operated from case is a backhoe loader so I cant say either way.

I guess Takeuchi had a reason for doing that. I don't see why they would so that but thats up to them.

Digdeep- Asv is another that I will need to demo. They look good from what I have seen and researched.

Thanks for your insight. No Deere fans huh.

ASv has same junk under carriage as cat. It ia also owned by Terex wich will kill the support

suhrieind

Look at the under carrage and find out about the warranty. I have a bobcat 864 and a T190 and know that the tracks and rollers can get very expensive. The Takeuchi has been around the longest and is a well made machine. Bobcat makes great machines but any tracked ones are very expensive to operate.

Digdeep

ASv has same junk under carriage as cat. It ia also owned by Terex wich will kill the support

That is a real classy thing to for a salesman to say. I'm sure your customers will love hearing you trash Bobcat, CAT, John Deere and the rest of the others too. Things must have really changed since my sales days.

dieselnut

Banned
Occupation
Site Prep and Grading
I havent really put much thought into the Bobcat due to the fact that you can only use bobtach attachments. Am I right or completely missing something?

Well I crunched numbers for the past few days and right now it looks as its not going to happen. I have a machine currently that gets the job done and maybe when the market turns around I will look for something again.

Thanks again guys for all of your thoughts.

curbside

Dieselnut

Most attachments fit most brands. My neighbor has New Holland and we swap attachments. He also has a cat sweeper and it works on both NewHolland and Bobcat.

dieselnut

Banned
Occupation
Site Prep and Grading
I know most attachments fit most machines but I think that on bobcat skid steers you are only able to use bobcat attachments.

curbside

Dieselnut that is incorrect. I have 4 Bobcats and they do run other brands attachments. Their bobtach is similar to many other manufactuers. I have run New Holland attachments and Cat attachments on mine with no issues. Their may be some out their that don't fit but so far I haven't run across them.

therealjohnboy

Only the plug and play attachments aren't interchangable due to the differing wiring loom but that can be altered to suit your machine with out to much hassle usually.hose lengths and quick couplers are the only other difference.

John

mdterp

That is a real classy thing to for a salesman to say. I'm sure your customers will love hearing you trash Bobcat, CAT, John Deere and the rest of the others too. Things must have really changed since my sales days.

DIGDEEP-You always get emotional when someone talkes poorly about your beloved ASV...stop judging... this is a forum for people to speak there minds about equipment and related topics. If you don't like what is said than logout or defend you views.

Digdeep

DIGDEEP-You always get emotional when someone talkes poorly about your beloved ASV...stop judging... this is a forum for people to speak there minds about equipment and related topics. If you don't like what is said than logout or defend you views.

I don't particularly care about the fact that he doesn't like the ASV undercarriage. You and I have agreed to disagree on that. My comment was primarily aimed at the fact that a salesman/dealer and not a customer or owner would come on the forum and trash the competition, any competition. It's just something you shouldn't do from a professional standpoint. You and I can argue all night long:drinkup but we are not acting in the same capacity as Equipmentguy. He came on, stated he was a dealer, and then trashed the competition. I would have never said anything if he wouldn't have identified himself as a dealer. I would have said something if he trashed Bobcat too, or Deere, or Case, etc.

JDMGrading

Well I bought the T320....Tried the suspension undercarriage for 2 days and realized how bad I hated it. Traded it for the standard undercarriage.

The suspension is very tippy! with a fully loaded bucket...what changed my mind is when I had a bucketfull heaped and backed over a small hump and nearly smacked my head on the windshield....Now granted I did have the bucket half way up.....But I got the standard undercarriage in the same position and it handled it fine.

The slightly smoother ride just was'nt worth the tippyness.

Timark80

Well I bought the T320....Tried the suspension undercarriage for 2 days and realized how bad I hated it. Traded it for the standard undercarriage.

The suspension is very tippy! with a fully loaded bucket...what changed my mind is when I had a bucketfull heaped and backed over a small hump and nearly smacked my head on the windshield....Now granted I did have the bucket half way up.....But I got the standard undercarriage in the same position and it handled it fine.

The slightly smoother ride just was'nt worth the tippyness.

I agree 100%
The suspension u/c was more tippy when using the mulcher(2300lbs) setup.
I bought the T320 w/rigid u/c.
Hey,less moving parts = less maintenance in my opinion.

Prairie Dog

Dig Deep; the thing is that he's right. I own an ASV RCV Posi Track and I can't charge enough to offset the repair costs. Just in Bearings and shafts in the tracks I spend a minimum of 4K every 800hrs. Not to mention the arms showing cracks from poor manufacturing (The company admitted it, wasn't from user abuse), the fuel gauge and hour meter rarely working, no working lights from about 80 hrs after purchase (we now have around 1600-1800 hrs on it and they still don't work) and very difficult to work on the unit unless the arms are up (when it breaks down, it's difficult to put your arms up!) All around it’s a recreational machine, where you probably like it if you only put on 30-40 hrs a year and love to tinker!! They are garbage.

Last edited:

Digdeep

Dig Deep; the thing is that he's right. I own an ASV RCV Posi Track and I can't charge enough to offset the repair costs. Just in Bearings and shafts in the tracks I spend a minimum of 4K every 800hrs. Not to mention the arms showing cracks from poor manufacturing (The company admitted it, wasn't from user abuse), the fuel gauge and hour meter rarely working, no working lights from about 80 hrs after purchase (we now have around 1600-1800 hrs on it and they still don't work) and very difficult to work on the unit unless the arms are up (when it breaks down, it's difficult to put your arms up!) All around it’s a recreational machine, where you probably like it if you only put on 30-40 hrs a year and love to tinker!! They are garbage.

You're a very patient owner- $8,000 in repair bills and you still own it. I would have had ASV take it back by now, especially since they admitted that it was poor manufacturing. I guess I've been fortunate to get over 2000 hours on my RC50 without the pains that you've experienced.

My issue wasn't that someone didn't like the brand, I sold Bobcats for over 8 years. My comment was related to a salesman/dealer trashing opposing products. Its basically understood in the industry that salesmen don't "bash" other brands. Low class in most salemen's opinion.

equipmentguy

I havent really put much thought into the Bobcat due to the fact that you can only use bobtach attachments. Am I right or completely missing something?

Well I crunched numbers for the past few days and right now it looks as its not going to happen. I have a machine currently that gets the job done and maybe when the market turns around I will look for something again.

Thanks again guys for all of your thoughts.

Check out he after market attachments. Most Manufactures don't make the attacchments anyway. The simply put their names on it