• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Looking For a New Compact Track Loader

dieselnut

Banned
Occupation
Site Prep and Grading
I am in need of a new CTL. I currently have a 2003 cat 287 track loader that I purchased with alot of hours on it. I need something with alot of horsepower. I was thinking of the deere CT332 bobcat T320 and the cat 299C. I move alot of dirt, clear come land of brush and small debris, and move loaded pallets. What do you guys think, I know I left a few brands out but I am open to machines in the same class as the mentioned above. Thanks for the help.

Dewoc19

all i can say is sell that CAT piece of junk ASAP! those things are the worst machine CAT has to date!

if you want a REAL tracked skid steer with a ton of horsepower you go with the Takuechi TL150..... got just under a 100 HP and is a beast of a machine, they go down in size from there, the 150 being the biggest and the 130 being the smallest, but they have now updated them so you can get a TL250 and i believe it goes down to a TL220 now or something like that. someone once told me they are comparable to a D3. i have never run a dozer before so i wouldnt know but i have lots of experience on a TL150 and its a GREAT machine!

dieselnut

Banned
Occupation
Site Prep and Grading
I never really loved the Cat but for a first skid steer that I owned not used from the boss it was good. I will run a Takeuchi and then I can get a understanding of what it is like. Thanks for your input.

Dewoc19

that or try a New Holland C185, but my opinion on New Holland might be a little biased since i grew up on New Holland skid steers so naturally i liked their tracked skid steer.

heres some pics of the one i ran, as you can see it was very muddy!

Attachments

• Picture 220.jpg
    Picture 220.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 4,117
  • Picture 222.jpg
    Picture 222.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 2,974
  • Picture 223.jpg
    Picture 223.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 3,158

dieselnut

Banned
Occupation
Site Prep and Grading
I am going to stay with the tracked machine. What do you use your machine mainly for and is it doing the task you throw at it? Another machine to consider.

Dewoc19

the machine that we normally use is a New Holland L185 and right now its being used for plowing snow, but normally it would be used for loading trucks, running material like dirt and gravel and moving pallets of material around. it deffinetly holds up to the stuff we use it for but if you want a CTL go with Tak or New Holland in my opinion.... they both worked awesome for the stuff we used them for which was streambank work (moving material and loading trucks, working in water and thick sloppy mud)

dieselnut

Banned
Occupation
Site Prep and Grading
Sounds good to me. Time to get in the seat of some of these machines and see what feels right. I guess nobody really likes deere cat and bobcat.

stumpjumper83

Occupation
Movin dirt
try the tach 140 or 150 with the air ride seat. I don't think they will give the nice soft ride that your cat gives you, but their undercarriages hold up alot better. If you get onto alot of turf asv has some turf friendly tracks that look too good to be true.

dieselnut

Banned
Occupation
Site Prep and Grading
What is up with takeuchi's new machines they replaced the 1 with a 2 so on the new machines it it 250 instead of 150. Doesn't look like there are any differences. Anybody know something I dont.

Dewoc19

its an updated version, i think it has a couple HP more, its a little heavier and just has some more power all around, aside from that no real change as far as im aware

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
If your moving a lot material I would demo the CASE 450 Series 3 machine. It has more engine torque (288 foot/pounds) than the CAT @ 217 f/p, BC @ 237 and Deere @ 254. The 450 has very fast cycle times. It is a dirt mover. It is a radial lift machine so its ROC is lower than the vertical lift machines, but if your moving dirt I think it is about the most perfect machine. Its certainly worth a demo. The issue I have with it is it is big and wide, a little hard to trailer.

Digdeep

its an updated version, i think it has a couple HP more, its a little heavier and just has some more power all around, aside from that no real change as far as im aware

Takeuchi actually went to a different and smaller engine in their new TL250. They used to run a 4.4.L Yanmar but now run a 3.8L Kubota with a lot less engine torque.

Digdeep

You might also want to look at the ASV PT100. It has the best engine hp and torque out of the big framed CTLs (4.4L, 92 net hp, 306ft lbs). It has standard two speed (11.5mph), huge ground clearance (14"), trailers easy (69" wide and only 10,150lbs), has good lift height- 125", a good ROC 3800lbs, standard high flow 40gpm@3650psi, pilot controls, etc.

Dewoc19

Takeuchi actually went to a different and smaller engine in their new TL250. They used to run a 4.4.L Yanmar but now run a 3.8L Kubota with a lot less engine torque.

yeah that does suck that they went with a smaller engine and lost some torque..... oh well i guess, nothing we can do about it

dieselnut

Banned
Occupation
Site Prep and Grading
KSSS- I will demo the Case and then I can get a fell for the machine. All I have operated from case is a backhoe loader so I cant say either way.

I guess Takeuchi had a reason for doing that. I don't see why they would so that but thats up to them.

Digdeep- Asv is another that I will need to demo. They look good from what I have seen and researched.

Thanks for your insight. No Deere fans huh.

Turbo21835

As far as Tak updating there numbers. Most other brands do this from time to time. Seems to me it usually coincides with a new engine, usually to meet the new tier of emission standards.

Ill add my vote for the Tak. They ride a lot rougher than the Cat. They take a lot of abuse, and push like a dozer. They are fast. I always associated running a Tak to playing a video game. Everything is so fast, powerful, and responsive. I dont think you can beat Tak when it comes to a compact track loader

dieselnut

Banned
Occupation
Site Prep and Grading
Time to call up my friend and run his Tak TL150. Then I can see what it is like for my self.

Dewoc19

trust me you wont be disappointed! best CTL out there! little pricey but well worth the money if you ask me!

139er

Occupation
Operating Engineer
dieselnut, I think the other guys are on the right track with the Takeuchi. They are simple, durable, and the controls are very predictable compared to Cat. I am not a Case fan, never have been, although I think they build a very dependable machine. ASV's are nice all the way around. The only drawback I've found is wintertime use in extreme cold, the tracks like to freeze to the point where the machine won't move. Happy demoing!

dieselnut

Banned
Occupation
Site Prep and Grading
I have narrowed my choices to the takeuchi TL 150 and the Deere CT332. No demo yet. That will probably be the deciding factor. anybody have any experience with the Deere?