• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Logging Accidents: And They Walked Away.........

HDX

Blk prince 8 call points just gets you out the gate and onto the mainline. OH and don't forget to call every Kilometer now empty and loaded and then there is the loaded and empty pick ups calling up and down just as much as the fiberglass fleet Goes like this Empty pick up Carmannah 13 up or loaded pick up Bamfield 27 down. Then there is the real trucks just trying to haul with all this noise pollution going on. Wonder what would happen if for some reason their radio went on the fritz Pull over and phone on their sat phone for a pilot car I guess. There is over 100 different radio frequencies out where we are but everybody has to be on just one and that is the repeater channel Remember the old BC Tel radios we all had before the Motorola ones came about Hit a bump in the road and out she went Only you never knew it till you met another truck!!

Blk prince

Occupation
Truck driver semi retired
Lots of chunk trucks in the background

HDX,Na. Lakes had 3 chunk trucks going all the time. The old VTS logging school had an old tower that put out 1 load a day then there were 3-4 tree farm skid dears going and these kept the trucks in wood. 2 of them were Venture Loaders and 1 was a hay rack.

HDX

Were these the ones Stan Balance and his brothers had?? They bought maybe one or two of the old M&B 1952 series HD's and used them for parts I think Im thinkin maybe old H72 and cant remember the other unit number

Blk prince

Occupation
If memory serves me right,I think Balance was at Nanaimo River. The ones at the Lakes were Venture 01 Jack James of Duncan. Venture 02 Fred Cairns of Cedar. Hay rack was Tom Hawthornwaite of Cedar then sold to Herb Randall,a company driver. Later came Ralph Noye. He was a contractor from Ladysmith. He had a new Hayes ,HD I think. Then had it converted to a venture loader. All these trucks had tongs.

HDX

Blk prince--these are the pictures of H-159 a couple of weeks ago. Driver was heading from Camp B to Sarita DLS about 1/4 to 6 in the morning. He met one of our own 6 packs and was forced further over to the side than he should have been and the entire shoulder gave way. This is the end result. No personal injuries. Truck should be back hauling in the next week or so. Only concern was engine was still running when she went upside down so we'll have to wait and see how that turned out.
IMG_2514.JPGIMG_2515.JPGIMG_2516.JPGIMG_2517.JPGIMG_2518.JPG

HDX

Glen Baird with his long pole loader lifted her out CAREFULLY and once she was on her feet, damage didn't appear that bad. It's amazing what these trucks will take.
IMG_2519.JPGIMG_2520.JPGIMG_2525.JPGIMG_2526.JPGIMG_2527.JPG

Blk prince

Occupation
Looking at the clean fuel tank,I would say the driver did look after this truck. Is he back at work and does he want this truck back? May want to send a PM.