• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Logging Accidents: And They Walked Away.........

hoglogg

i have a set of original 81 pacific plates and they are installed by pacific on the removable engine side covers , its a p510, was it just the larger trucks with them installed on the hood ?

diamondtguy

Occupation
machine fitter/fabricator
pacific0013.jpg....................Should be the same name plate....(That would be me in the pic).....Cory..

I read the previous post to quick......I will have to dig through my stuff to figure out the answer to the name plate location question.....

Last edited:

HDX

If you guys check out the MacMillan Bloedel thread- post 888 the first picture you can see the decal arrangement on the top part of the hood on the two P16's. Cory I don't know when the shift was made to them but there they are. All the earlier P16s we got had the cast Pacific sign plate on the side panels of the hood along with P16 script. When we got those trucks in 1998 they came with the decal. I saw some that Pacific had made and they were in ARIBIC!!!! Was there a couple trucks built around that time for Saudi Arabia???? And im thinking that there was a small over run of them made. The decal was just a shot because most guys that have the cast plate keep them for "Wall Hangers" in the shop. Thanks for the help guys The driver really appreciates it.

diamondtguy

Occupation
machine fitter/fabricator
I don't remember the Pacific decals....I will have to find my decals and look through them...I agree on the name plates.Lots of them are wall hangers.I gave my dad a set as well...sadly I have never found the 4x8 board he had all cool truck name plates on.I suspect it was at the BC transportation museum when he died in 1988 or its sitting in a basement somewhere in Port Coquitlam....

Yes we built trucks for Saudi Arabia..They were P-12W "Roughnecks"..I remember the Aribic decals....I have a photo somewhere...

I will work on some "Pacific" name plates..

HDX

She went out but they had to unload her, I went up and they put the load on me. She had some kind of 5th wheel problem to the point of it was binding up somehow. Cant be much Maybe the bunk rollers on the front bunk were binding and of coarse the driver is still a little spooked . Lots of new smells and whatnot. Oil that got into places where it would not normally go but because of her situation being upside down it went everywhere. He is a good driver and accidents will happen. I think its good to err on the side of caution. New paint burning off parts because of overspray etc all make you second guess everything! He's ready to roll in AM all watered and fueled. Will take pics of it with load. Engine seems fine Checked out No 1 It always amazed me to see these truck flopped over and then yarded back on their feet Reloaded and started up and off to the dump or Dryland sort. Mirrors are usually the first causualty followed shortly after by driver pride. A HAPPY ENDING FOR SURE

Blk prince

Occupation
Truck driver semi retired
You are right,new smells always hard to get your head around these things. And then to be rescued by a Hayes,OBOY.

Blk prince

Occupation
Truck driver semi retired
Caucusion,in the Post 350 there is a town ambulance in the landing. What was the outcome? Was operator Barry C. Or Donnie DeC?

HDX

She is humpin logs everyday goin back and forth like a good thing, Just lost her "Vulcan Drive" yesterday but back at it today!!! No issues at all

Len Burton

Occupation
Retired
Here are a few more from my pictures. The area was just above Wye Creek.img100.jpgimg101.jpgimg102.jpgimg105.jpgimg106.jpg

dirty4fun

Len, About some details of what happened. Did one machine fall and take the other with it, what caused the accident?