• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Loaders, Limbers and Roadbuilders.

Tugger2

We had a customer come to us with a 450 Barko mounted on a tank track under carraige . We sacraficed a really nice (266 i think it was ) Kohering excavator ,threw the top away and mounted the Barko on the turntable of the 266. It made a nice log loader ,but i hated throwing away the top.

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
That's the problem with all Thunderbird yarders, they pull way too hard for what they are and tear themselves up.
That 45 with the transmission, was it on a hydraulic undercarriage also?
I worked for a company that had 3 45s at one time and they were great. They stretched the frame on one and put an Allison trans in it and it would pull like it was possessed

hoechucker

That's the problem with all Thunderbird yarders, they pull way too hard for what they are and tear themselves up.
That 45 with the transmission, was it on a hydraulic undercarriage also?
No it was on rubber. The did have one on tracks that they put outriggers on and it ended up on the southern border string border fence I believe.

64Pacific

How popular are Lim-mit units or delimbers of that style these days? It feels as though I haven't seen one in years, but they used to be a common sight. From a quick search online it seems that Brandt Tractor sells or owns the rights to the product line.

Reactions: JST