• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Loader Pins

Bls repair

Occupation
Equipment operator,mechanic
After getting pin under pressure and heat . Roll the bucket a little this may help break it free.

AllDodge

After getting pin under pressure and heat . Roll the bucket a little this may help break it free.

Appreciate your thoughts, but not sure how I could do this. There is no drag on the pins from the bracket on either side. To put the pin under pressure the one bolt which is used t hold the pin in is removed. With the bolt removed I can put no twisting torque on the pin from the hydraulics.

Its raining today, so going to wait for a while. Need to move the tractor over from barn to the shop to use the welder.

hosspuller

Your 1/4 Grade 43 High Test Chain has only a 2600 pound working load limit. So you've only got 5000 pounds before it starts yielding. Nothing like 20 tons from your jack.

In my previous post, I was speaking about 3/4 all thread (local hardware grade) in a 30 ton hollow hydraulic cylinder. When I got a piece of 3/4 B7 with Acme threads... the bushing gave up without a fight.

Last edited:

Bls repair

Occupation
When you tighten up the allthread to the pipe to the bucket bracket it should lock the pin to the bucket .if not just heat and tighten

Mnash50259

You have a 30T hollow cylinder available? Like hosspuller said, get some b7 rod, weld a nut on the pin
and the cylinder should pull it out. I use 1.25” b7 rod with my cylinders, but you could probably get away with 3/4. I’ve pulled larger pins out this way...works for me anyway. Good luck

AllDodge

Guess I missed/don't understand the part about how to use the cylinder to remove. Welding a nut on the end of the pin and how to position the cylinder to remove

Thinking of a hydraulic cylinder

Bls repair

Occupation
Same general principle as what I said except instead of a pipe you have a hydraulic cylinder that you can put the allthread through the center.
You need to make a plate to put over cylinder with a hole for the allthread to fit through. Put nut on all thread tight then pump out cylinder
You have to make spacers to take up slack if you don’t have enough throw to do it in one try

fpgm04

Alldodge,

See if this youtube video helps. Lots of these on ebay, but perhaps if you have a good industrial rental store or hydraulic shop around, they could fix you up for a day.

Tinkerer

There are a lot of different sizes of those cylinders on eBay. Do a search for hollow ram cylinders.
Keep in mind that that the capacity in tons of force is one of three factors to consider. Bore diameter and stroke are the other two.
Yes you need a pump and hose.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=port+ta+power
Tons of force are what determines what you will need. The first one shown in that link is 10 tons.

Last edited:

AllDodge

Understand, need to know the surface area of the piston and the amount of pressure the pump can deliver, and amount of volume the pumps tank holds to determine if the pump output will actually be able to get 20 to 30T force

AllDodge

I almost drilled, found a piece of 5/8 all thread and pipe. Started to move things around so I could get the tractor out of the barn and just thought, wonder if this would work. I'm sure with a hole clear thru I could have applied heat better