• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Linkbelt 3900 Q control lock

Duraine

This machine is run every day today the control will not unlock I have check the wires on the switch need to know if there's anything else I can do

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
The control lock out with most machines is by a electric valve some even have a manual override with is worth a try or you could run a power lead to the valve to get out of trouble.
Kind regards
Uffex

Duraine

Thanks I will try running a lead valve.
I all ready put in to manual mold. It still wouldn't move. With the computer on the swing lock light is on. And move the level or pushing the swing lock button will not make it go off

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
I don't recall that model number in the Q series Link-Belts? I seem to remember the 3400 was a 20 ton machine and the next up was a 4300. Did I miss a model somewhere?

Duraine

3400 weight 27 ton
3900 weight 31 ton
A 3900 is 3400 on a 4300 track frame basically.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
They must not have sold much in this area of the country. The 4300 was the hot machine in the woods back in those days. Thanks for the explanation.