• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Link-Belt 210LX Dilemma

od1

Occupation
Marketing heayy equipment
:(
Link-Belt 210LX Dilemma

The 2007 Link-Belt 210LX and possibly other models and years using the ZEXEL fuel pump have a serious problem that Link-Belt is not addressing properly.

The pumps involved may be many but the problem here is with the 101062, 101605.

This problem started after a few hundred hours.

After an hour of use the engine will die down while under load. The dealer changed a few computer boards, but the problem persisted. Now they seem to feel the problem starts when the fuel starts heating up. Something inside the fuel pump a valve starts jamming. This causes the engine to be starved of fuel.

The dealer now feels that this problem is not the problem of Link-Belt.

I would like to know if anyone else out there is having a similar problem with Link-Belt or one of his or her dealers.

Also does anyone know what parts are defective in the pump? And is there a permanent fix for this problem?

HELP!

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Link-Belt does not make engines and will always refer you back to the engine manufacturer when problems come up, even if the problem is caused by something Link-Belt did.

That is one of the reasons why you get a better price on new machines than many of the other manufacturers.

Who is the manufacturer of the engine?

hornet825

od1 just a few questions. How many hours do you have on your machine? Does this problem happen when the engine or hydraulics hit a certain temperature? Does it seem that the engine is being lugged down or does it still do it with no load on the engine? We have to determine if it is an engine problem or a hydraulic problem.

od1

Occupation
Thanks John.

Isuzu makes the engine. The problem started at 5 hrs. working time. The machine has 5800 hrs. on it now.

od1

Occupation
Thanks Hornet825

The problem starts when the engine fuel starts to heat up. We have the problem isolated from the hydraulics. The problem seems to be within the fuel pump. The question is what part in there is malfunctioning.

hornet825

od1

I have had in the past on Case hoes where there is air entering the system, and it caused this same problem. Just for kicks you can install a chunk of clear fuel line between the primary filter head and the lift pump, to see if there is air entering the system. If there is check all the banjo fittings and washers making sure the washers are flat and not grooved up. Also I am not quite sure if your machine has cartridge style filters or spin ons. If they are cartridge make sure the plastic sediment bowl and O ring is sealing properly. I had a 210 case were that bowl was distorted causing air to enter the system. Just give that a shot before condeming the pump, is it still an inline pump or is it a comman rail engine? Oh yeah also check the suction line back to the tank making sure there is no restrictions or leaks.

Tacodriver

Occupation
Yarder op, hoechucker, lowbedder etc..
We have a older LB 210 and we had a problem with fuel restriction and it turned out to be a banjo fitting the holes did not line up with the hose and it caused enough restriction to give a problem. We found you had to mark the bolt to index the hose to the holes in the bolt. Hope that helps explain it.

Matt19

210 problems

:(
Link-Belt 210LX Dilemma

The 2007 Link-Belt 210LX and possibly other models and years using the ZEXEL fuel pump have a serious problem that Link-Belt is not addressing properly.

The pumps involved may be many but the problem here is with the 101062, 101605.

This problem started after a few hundred hours.

After an hour of use the engine will die down while under load. The dealer changed a few computer boards, but the problem persisted. Now they seem to feel the problem starts when the fuel starts heating up. Something inside the fuel pump a valve starts jamming. This causes the engine to be starved of fuel.

The dealer now feels that this problem is not the problem of Link-Belt.

I would like to know if anyone else out there is having a similar problem with Link-Belt or one of his or her dealers.

Also does anyone know what parts are defective in the pump? And is there a permanent fix for this problem?

HELP![/QUOTE
Did you ever get your 210 fixed. I have the exact same problem. I have cleaned the tank, replaced the fuel lines, changed filters a lot, cleaned water seperator and the rock screen below the charging pump. still have the same problem. machine only has 5000 hours. I just bought it. please contact me at mattgoolsby@hotmail.com