• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Lets see your "ultimate" service truck!

AJL

Occupation
heavy diesel mechanic
thanks CM1995
The south island of New Zealands best.
My current work truck is a 2007 Ford Ranger not sure what it would compare to in the U.S its a 3 litre diesel 4wd its got plenty of go it in
basic set up really ive got a small petrol honda powered compressor and reel not sure how big the compressor is its old and a bit past it anyway then the two tool cabinets either side and service oils on the back. Its a cab plus so plenty of room for wet weather gear and paperwork in the cab

photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpgphoto 3.jpgphoto 4.jpg

um no idea how to rotate pictures :confused:

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Nice! The diesel Ranger is not available here in the US..:(

DeereJohn

Here's my little service truck, it's my first one. Well first body second truck. I had a lady pull out in front of me and t boned her totaling my front end. The body was fine so I remounted it on a new cab and chassis. This is the companies first service truck as well so I have had to equip it from scratch. We don't do big repairs in the field so it is the perfect size for me So far. You guys make me envoys of the equipment you have on board. Hey a man can dream.

How do you like the 6.2? Have you towed anything with it?

Deere Marine

Occupation
Owner/mechanic of a Deere, Scania, Volvo, Zf, and
Nice pics and ideas guys, starting to build my 4th truck this week, going with a ram 3500 DRW. I mostly work on commercial fishing boats so I can't build a Pete 379 the wharfs and piers I drive onto are pretty scary!

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Welcome to the Forums Deere Marine!:drinkup

We'd like to see some pics of the build and finished truck.:D

EquipmenttechEv

Occupation
Technician at Beard Equipment Company (Deere)
Here's mine. Nothing fancy but I'm not complaining. 06 sterling with a Mercedes diesel. summit body 10k crane etc

work truck.jpg

Deere Marine

Occupation
Owner/mechanic of a Deere, Scania, Volvo, Zf, and
image.jpg

Truck getting dropped off at body dealer, decided to go with a knapheide body (Reading dealer would not warranty my last body with a rust through problem)with no crane. We have a 15ton crane truck already. Been trying to decide who's drawer system I'm going with, any thoughts?

theironoracle

Occupation
OWNER/OPERATOR MOBILE HEAVY EQUIPMENT REPAIR
Sounds like you have rusting problems if so maintainer has drawer packages that are all aluminum. I don't think anyone else makes them out of aluminum? I have two if these packages now for over a year and showing no sagging, cracking or other problems! I am not a proponent of aluminum unless you have to have it for corrosion reasons....TIO

mikebramel

20150527_101351[1].jpg
20150527_101415[1].jpg
20150527_130039[1].jpg

Ctech aluminum drawer units. They are about 250 lbs between the two of them. Saved 200lbs or so over steel. Cost about $3000 for both. They are well finished.

mikebramel

Absolutely. I would say they aren't as nice as the Maintainer units but if you keep your 1" drive socket set out of them I don't see any problems LOL

FSERVICE

How often do you use those? Do you have an impact that size or hytorc unit? Also, what sizes do you have up to 4.5"?

most every week I use them. yes I have the hytorc unit, it has paid for itself several times over!! I have up to a 5'' socket for it & a few custom made for the odd ball stuff..

Equipmechanic

image.jpgimage.jpg

Here is a couple of my old rig she may be an antique but she gets the job done.
Keep up all the pics of the service trucks I've always like seeing how other people
Have theirs riged out.