• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Lets see your Teeth

jiujitsu

the best teeth by far over all the others i have used have been the cats with the green lids..Im talkin days untill ya gotta chang them..used them in tucson overlay, up on the 260 north of payson and on I-10 fast lane which was hard cuttin 5" I ALWAYS put extra water down, just cuz I would rather watch the water truck driver hurry his ass up then me havin to change my teeth all the time.

Jimsan

Novatek will soon have a tool for the Wirtgen that will replace the HT11 holder and the tooth. ( Diamond tooth of course)

milling_drum

Occupation
asphalt mill operator (ret)
Wow, that will make alot of people happy.

But I'm a little confused, are you meaning the entire holder and tooth? you mean a complete new holder that slides into the existing HT11 hole on a wirtgen drum?

big tex

The rate of wear really depends on several factors. The aggregate being cut is first. All the tooth companies make several different styles and sizes of teeth. They don't do that just because they want to. They have discovered over the years that different teeth work in different conditions. Also the size and horsepower of your machine will help determine the right tooth to use. Secondly, if the teeth aren't getting enough water, they will wear prematurely. Check your spray bar to make sure it is working properly. After that, I would check the condition of the holders and the lower conveyor. Worn out holders will kill rotation and if the lower belt is too worn out, it won't pick up the material and allow it to stay in the box longer than it should. That helps wear out everything. All of this is, of course, just my opinion, but I hope it helps. You probably already know everything I just said, but here it is in case you didn't.

big tex

I've seen several milling contractors do their own independent testing of cryogenically treated teeth. Most say they can not see any difference in the wear characteristics between treated and untreated teeth.