• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

LeTourneau Tear Down

CDNDIESELMONKEY

Some pictures of a recent job stripping down a Letourneau L950.
Before the job:
IMG_20140922_091032571[1].jpg
With the bucket removed:
IMG_20140922_111835011[1].jpg
Took Quite a while to remove all the hydraulics and press out those "football" pins. But eventually we had the loader arms off too,
IMG_20140924_122503147[1].jpg
IMG_20140924_122706871[1].jpg

clintm

Occupation
trucking,concrete recycling,grading, demolition
what's the main frame weight that you set on the float

fsmech

Occupation
field service mechanic
Wow very much a baby version of the 1850, very similar. Is this fitted with the full lincs diagnostic monitor in the cab?

CDNDIESELMONKEY

Wow very much a baby version of the 1850, very similar. Is this fitted with the full lincs diagnostic monitor in the cab?
Very similar to the 1850. I'm not sure on the monitor, the operating monitor had ms dos running it. It was the only screen in the cab.

61BG

Looks like a b@tch to change a brake diaphram on, LOL. Never seen one of these apart before.
Actually its not that bad. There is an access cover in the middle of the axle tubes & the brakes can be serviced thru there. The mechanical brakes are hardly ever used if ever in fact. These loaders use the electric resistors to stop the loader in normal operation & work well. When we were trained on this loader it was very much frowned upon to even look at the brake pedal! It took along time to not want to jam on the brakes when approaching a truck but once you got on to it, the loader would just roll to a stop when you let up on the motor pot.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Actually its not that bad. There is an access cover in the middle of the axle tubes & the brakes can be serviced thru there..

Bet you are careful to use the lock-out tag out program before working on them!

Way off topic but that brought to mind the day I was working on a starting problem on a Mack truck. I was coming out of the cab and a "helper" just then slides out from under the truck! I said what the heck were you doing? "Just checking the clutch!" He did not seem too happy with my remarks!

Ross

"Good Riddance" I hear them say.

I wouldn't advise changing the diaphrams out on them brake Pots in situ. Even with the park brake released the pot is still under spring tension, The brake's are a pain to adjust. The axle hole ain't that big. (square plate on the frontal view)