• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Latest work pics

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
Here's where I've been lately its no often I work with a crew normally I'm solo or just have a grade checker with me. First pic and a wider view in the second pic is/was the hole/landfill I dug out and picked through. You can see my cut slope just past the scrapers that was about 15' deeper filled with trash. I picked the bigger stuff and everything I could out with the hoe the rest was hand work. We filled/overloaded 7 rolloff dumpsters with trash, 2 rolloffs with steel (car bodies, motors, appliances), and 3 end dumps with concrete. That area will be filled another 15' or so. And the last pic is what’s next on my list I have to recut this slope around 2 sides of the job must be 1000' at least at a 2:1. This is the easy side the other side there is a side walk running up and 2 retaining walls I have to cut out for at the same time. We are trying to take the boss into getting our D3 or D4 out there to clean up the slope and cut the curb and sidewalk grade at the bottom or I get to do it yippy tracking down the 2:1.

Attachments

• CIMG0951 (Small).JPG
    CIMG0951 (Small).JPG
    64 KB · Views: 1,933
  • CIMG0949 (Small).JPG
    CIMG0949 (Small).JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 1,943
  • CIMG0948 (Small).JPG
    CIMG0948 (Small).JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 1,935

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
Last

Attachments

• CIMG0952 (Small).JPG
    CIMG0952 (Small).JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 1,928

Wolf

Old Dump Site

Are they going to put a housing development on the old landfill site?

They do that in Jersey all the time. Sometimes still emitting gasses.

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
It going to be a church with a two level parking garage:eek: everybody must take there limo to church there. It wasn't a real land fill someone had just been dumping there. I think it was my boss, he dumps his trash there low bits the grading job and then gets paid T&M to haul it off sound like something he would do.:rolleyes: Today I had the touch I guess, the touch of death that is. I broke my Quick Coupler for the 3rd time on this job today after they welded it back together again I blew a hyd line, killed a starter on a scraper, water tuck wouldn't start but the foreman got it going then the tranny went out POS automatics. That was it I ran out of stuff to kill so I spent the last 3 hrs running up slope stakes with the grade checker. I'm out of shape walking up and down a 1.5:1 of fluff setting stakes really took it out of me I forgot how heavy my bags are. And before I broke my hoe I killed a Rattler about 4' long trying to scoop him up he was sleeping under a dumpster I moved, but I got the baby without killing him grabbed him and took him over and scared the sh*t out of one of our scraper hands BSing with the mechanic I gave both of them to the mechanic to take home. Those there the first snakes we have seen on the job which is very surprising.

Last edited:

alan627b

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Dozerboy, what size scrapers are those? They look like 637C's or 657's...I worked in Pheonix last year, and took a little vacation to California, watching 2 different companies doing housing developements using 657's. I found it interesting that I never saw any compactors on the fills, just the dozers with the Beegees (or drag blades) that you pictured. Does that soil compact that easily out there?
Do you know if there are any 666's still at work out there? I'd just about kill to see some. I saw a 650 for sale at a used machinery dealer in Madera, it wouldn't fit in the pickup, but I think the pickup would have fit in the bowl!
Thanks for the post,
alan627b

Last edited:

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
Those are 627s, with good moisture you don't need a compactor. I don't even like running them if you don't have a good hand that knows how to get a good mix on the fill most of the time you have to put a dozer in there too anyways. We will pull the scraper out of the cut to compact the fill every few lifts. Running a compactor out here is a hard job you're always behind, filling canyons out here is nothing like working in the plains. I haven’t seen a 666 or 650 in a long time, a few places ran them in TX.

RyanCKing

cool pics
Is the drag scraper just for the haul roads?
Im in central CA and am trying to line a summer job up when I get out of college. Ive been working in underground for 4 years and would like to try some dirt work. Do you have any good connection for a scraper seat?

thanks
Ryan

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
Normaly its for smoothing stuff out haul roads and fill, but with the POS compactor in that pic you don't dare put that blade in the ground so the beegee does it all. You might shoot pullpan a pm he works in Norcal.

wrenchbender

Fiat Allis Pics for Dozerboy

Not I say Not trying to highjack this thread.Dozerboy asked if I had any pics of Fiat Allis equipment. Well I don't have many but here's a couple first is an FL10C loader second is a pan.I'll try to get more pics soon. NOW BACK TO OUR REGULARLY SCH. PROGRAM

Attachments

• FL10 C.jpg
    FL10 C.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 1,502
  • Fiat pan.jpg
    Fiat pan.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 1,518

alan627b

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
DB, you are right about the differences in our goegraphical regions,as we don't usually see dirt that nice! I have used a scraper for compaction before, usually in fine grained soils trying to get that top foot to pass..
Those BeeGees are better than a motor grader for slicking things up, 80% of the time, mostly because you can cover a lot of ground in a short time.
Ryan, try the Pheonix AZ area, or Las vegas, form what I was told while I was in AZ, they can't get enough operators. I am supposed to go back out there soon (i hope) to run a new D6 hightrack on a water reservoir project near Pheonix, if they ever get the county to issue the permits.....
Best of luck to you, don't be in too much of a hurry to run scrapers! Although I like them, I must be nuts....:dizzy

HillviewEx

stuff like that just gives new jersey a bad rap..

Are they going to put a housing development on the old landfill site?

They do that in Jersey all the time. Sometimes still emitting gasses.

Ive lived in NJ my whole life and never heard of anything like that...