• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Lady Marion on the move

Donns

Occupation
Self employed Dragline consultant and Safety train
Another update on the old Maid Marion. She is nearly done and working in North Carolina. I understand that they installed some sort of super Drag case on her and that this case was designed and manufactured by P&H. Anyone have any information on this upgrade?

mitch504

Where in North Carolina?

Never mind, answered my own question through the magic of Google.
Aurora, NC phosphate mines.

Last edited:

Donns

Occupation
Self employed Dragline consultant and Safety train
Mitch504
Yep, you got it. I have a long relationship with that place and the Maid Marion that they just moved there. I was the Marion erector on the Marion 8050 when it was Texasgulf at Aurora and I was the original erector on the Maid Marion (8200) when it was originally erected at New Brunswick Coal in Canada. When we put up the old 8050 at Aurora we worked a 4 (10 hr day) week so I worked weekends as a flight instructor at New Bern airport and Lived on Emerald Isle. Good Memories. Have a good one

minerk

Another update on the old Maid Marion. She is nearly done and working in North Carolina. I understand that they installed some sort of super Drag case on her and that this case was designed and manufactured by P&H. Anyone have any information on this upgrade?

Replaced the.8050 drag gear case that this machine was built with (18"'wide bull gear and bolt down drum bearing carriers) with an 8200 type with the 23.5" wide bull gear and pin on bearing carriers. The case was built in the later Marion style with 4" thick case walls and 7" plate from the drum bearing to the base, very stout. Gearing is common with the other 8200 on site and low speed gearing in the hoist on this machine.

Logan F Mccarthy

Occupation
Mechanic, truck driver, heavy equipment operator
FB_IMG_1516230500092.jpg FB_IMG_1516230500092.jpg FB_IMG_1505272852082.jpg just found this thread and figured I would share these pictures they were taken I think a year before the drag line was moved out of minto I attended college their and found out about her, the watchman was nice enough to give us the grand tour of the machine

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1505272871166.jpg
    FB_IMG_1505272871166.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 34