• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

KomStat vs KomStat ll

tnc110

I've read where people suggest the komstat II over komstat. Is this because of reliability issues or more so performance issues? How much of a difference is it? And what year did they start making the komstat 2. I am looking at purchasing a d37 or d39. Does this thinking apply to all 3 of these models?

Last edited:

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Sound pretty new fangled. What is it?

Dickjr.

From what I was told , the Komstat II has a better reputation for dependability. I believe the Komstat II came out in 2006 or 2007. I have a D39 -21A. Has around 4200 hours on it and seems to have a lot of life to go. It seems at times it could use 10 more real horsepower but when you get use to something you always want more. I had an early model D39 which was actually a komatsuized dresser , it was very affordable to own and operate. I decided I wanted a cab machine and found the newer 39EX. If you have any questions feel free to ask.