• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Komatsu WA600

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
I got to wonder about the decals on the side of that machine or whether or not that is really a 100 ton truck.

I worked at a coal mine where we loaded 50 ton trucks with a Dash 1 model. Those trucks took four bucket loads. I've seen plenty of Dash 3 machines and they handled the same 8 yard spade nose buckets. I can't believe they upped the machine to handle 12 yard buckets. I've worked around 777 Cat 85 ton trucks loaded by 992 wheel loaders and a WA600 couldn't even reach the middle of one of those trucks. WA700 wheel loaders handled the 85 ton market.

Something just doesn't fit?

alco

One thing to consider John, is that the box sides on a Euc are WAY lower than the sides of a comparable cat.

Brian

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Your right and I did think about that but I reckon to have lower sides means you have to be a lot wider. The machines I worked on would just barely hit the center of a 773B.

I also counted buckets and it looked like they loaded that truck with 5 scoops. It took 4 scoops to fill a 773B. It takes a whole lot bigger bucket to fill a 100 tons in five.

Just my thoughts.

alco

We have a newer style WA600 like that one at work, and it will damn near reach across an EH1000 box. The new 600s took a bit of a jump size wise having quite a bit more reach. You can watch him in the video pushing the material across the box to center the load, and that truck left the loader with room for at least two more buckets on board, so I would say it's a 100 ton truck with no hesitation. I would assume they were using the smaller loader to fill in while a larger machine was down for repair or service.

71tax2

Wow that looks like about a 70 ton truck size at most but I can be wrong too. Sure Spotted the truck a long ways a way. If the truck has 2700X49 tires on it, it will be a 100T truck. I can't read the tire size thou. I'm just look at the video and looking at our CAT 777D trucks with a 992G or a 993K and making the comparison. Our 992G's and
993K's are hi-lifts too!

245dlc

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
I saw a WA600 loading a crusher last year with blasted limestone I think they were "demoing" it as they tried out a couple of different loaders.

Miningpower

Occupation
Equipment operator
Wow that looks like about a 70 ton truck size at most but I can be wrong too. Sure Spotted the truck a long ways a way. If the truck has 2700X49 tires on it, it will be a 100T truck. I can't read the tire size thou. I'm just look at the video and looking at our CAT 777D trucks with a 992G or a 993K and making the comparison. Our 992G's and
993K's are hi-lifts too!

An R100 is a 100 ton truck. That truck is much wider than a 777.

alco

Actually, the R100 is almost exactly the same width as a 777D. Both bodies spec out to an outside width of 18'2". The R100 has box sides that are closer to the ground by about 6" and holds around 6.7 cubic yards less than the 777D.

cummins05

I would agree with Alco that is probably a smaller spare while somthing like an 800 or bigger is down for repair