• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Komatsu PC290-11

coalrulz

I posted a link to that exact article a couple posts back. This machine I bought came from Kirby-Smith. It was purchased new by Strike. At 2000 hours, either they traded it in or the lease ran out, and they sent it down the road. My dealer, General Equipment, bought it after K-S opted out of putting it in their inventory. My service guys say that HO56 is factory fill for it, and there's nothing in the service records to indicate it's been switched over to AW46.

I'm not totally against this HO56, was just wondering what exactly it is, and if anyone else had any insight on it besides this one article, lol.

I know the Komatsu dealers I have worked for mix HO46 and HO56 without any issues. Took me a bit to find a Komatsu document that says anything about compatibility, please see attached.

From near bottom of page:
"Additionally, Komatsu HO56-HE is compatible with anti-wear hydraulic oils..."

Attachments

• Komatsu HO56 Hydraulic Oil_F&B_4.pdf
    624.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Komatsu HO56 Hydraulic Oil_F&B_4.pdf
    624.5 KB · Views: 5