• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Komatsu pc210 throttle motor problem?

Larsgranstrom

Hello guys, I have a pc210-6 it has a throttle control problem . It won’t rev up at all from the control In the cab. I can manually move the linkage on the control motor and it will rev up but goes back down on its own. Also turning the key off does not shut it off. It shows code e05. I started poking around at the wires out of the throttle control motor and noticed a red wire worn all the way through, I fixed that and the problem still persists. Sometimes when I turn the keyboard on the throttle control motor makes noise and tries moving back and forth .

There is a switch under the fuses in the cab that says TVC . I have switched it back and forth and it doesn’t seam to change anything. I have checked the fuses .
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks !
Lars

Larsgranstrom

I have found it shows code E223 now . Can anyone point me in the right direction ?

thank you !
Lars

="Larsgranstrom, post: 984210, member: 78946"]Hello guys, I have a pc210-6 it has a throttle control problem . It won’t rev up at all from the control In the cab. I can manually move the linkage on the control motor and it will rev up but goes back down on its own. Also turning the key off does not shut it off. It shows code e05. I started poking around at the wires out of the throttle control motor and noticed a red wire worn all the way through, I fixed that and the problem still persists. Sometimes when I turn the keyboard on the throttle control motor makes noise and tries moving back and forth .

There is a switch under the fuses in the cab that says TVC . I have switched it back and forth and it doesn’t seam to change anything. I have checked the fuses .
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks !
Lars[/QUOTE]

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
TVC stands for Torque Variable Control and it is for the solenoid on the pump. The switch bypasses the computer and puts a set voltage to that coil to keep the pump from over loading the engine. It doesn't have anything to do with the engine throttle controller.

The E223 code means disconnection in the LS control, EPS solenoid system on Dash 6 and Dash 7 machines. This code also has nothing to do with the engine throttle controller.

Do you know how to access the diagnostic parts of the monitor panel. Do you have access to the monitor codes and a code list?

Larsgranstrom

Thanks for the info! I got it fixed. Two broken wires going into the throttle control motor. Looks like they got hot from the exhaust and wore through. That blew the fuse , but it didn’t look blown . Thanks again