• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Komatsu PC200-3 vs. PC200LC-3

needahoe

Hello all,

I'm trying to locate information on what the difference is between these 2 excavator models. Understanding that the tracks are longer and wider, do any of you know how much? Is there any other difference between these machines? Additional rollers?
These machines seem well built older machines. Anything to be aware of other than I'm hearing parts are hard to find. Does anyone have a reference to a service/repair manual website?
Thanks for your time!

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
The only difference is the length of the track frames. That would mean longer track chains is all. You can put any width pad on either machine. The LC models have an extra bottom roller. The engine, drive train and hydraulic systems are the same. Those machines are at or over forty years old now so finding components will be a slog and they will be expensive.

needahoe

Thank you John, is it a difference of inches or feet in the length? My needs for it are in a wetter area but i'm not sure if the difference is enough to really matter. I have been watching the LC chassis work near my property and it seems to work well on soft ground. The PC200 that isn't an LC is not near me and is a far cleaner machine, but a little bit more money.
They both seem well suited for my projects (farm cleanup). I would gladly compare the specs betwewen them but as you say they are 40 years old and information seems a bit limited. Again thanks for the help!

LACHAU

Thank you John, is it a difference of inches or feet in the length? My needs for it are in a wetter area but i'm not sure if the difference is enough to really matter. I have been watching the LC chassis work near my property and it seems to work well on soft ground. The PC200 that isn't an LC is not near me and is a far cleaner machine, but a little bit more money.
They both seem well suited for my projects (farm cleanup). I would gladly compare the specs betwewen them but as you say they are 40 years old and information seems a bit limited. Again thanks for the help!

You're right. The LC version is design to work at the soft ground area due to it's ground pressure is smaller than standard Version.

PC200_PC200LC COMPARE.png