• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Komatsu D31A-16 Dozer

jocko165

Just recently purchased this machine and of course the first weekend using it it blew a hydraulic hose. Does anyone know if these dozers had metric fittings? Took the hose to one place and they couldnt match the fitting but all they had were standard fittings, no metric. Also where do you buy your parts ( filters, hoses, gaskets, etc... you know, the small stuff) I need an air filter too. Number on the filter is 542396 9010-1091. Is there a site I can cross reference these parts i may need?

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
The hose fittings are Komatsu or JIS. A Komatsu dealer can provide you part numbers and you can search on the internet or at local auto parts dealers for filters.

Krackerjack9

Occupation
working in Iraq right now
a company called Malone carries the fittings but their kinda pricy the local hydraulic place near me has adapters to go from the komatsu fittings to the standard fittings so you could go anywhere to get a hose made vs buying the pricey fittings if you local shop dont carry and most dont but you might be lucky