• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Komatsu 830E

Hank R

Occupation
Retired Truck driver and School bus driver
In April 2010 new equipment began to arrive for the mine here Copper Mountain. I got some pictures hope it is okay for newer mine Haul truck build pictures.47.JPG 40.JPG 43.JPG 45.JPG

Hank R

Occupation
The about pictures all was going good until a mine boss came by and I was told I was not to climb up on truck and I needed safety stuff. So no inside cab stuff, the set up crew did not bother me. About a week later I hear from build guys that at end of day they were going to start truck a few checks then drive behind fence where box was. So we went up this time with a old white hard had safety vest boots etc got some more pictures Mine wheels were looking out office windows and shop but left me alone this time.

Truck warmed up and moving for the first time under its own power.53.JPG 54.JPG 56.JPG 57.JPG

Hank R

Occupation
November 12, 2010 I was retired from bus when I was asked if i would take a school bus of kids to the mine to see the new big shovel as the mine bosses had kids in grade 6 and 7 so of course I said yes....

03.jpg 5.jpg 68.jpg

Hank R

Occupation
I droped kids off in front of truck shop for hot dogs and hot chocolate , then wnt and park bus beside haul that just arrived.

digger doug

Occupation
Thrash-A-Matic designer
Somewhere we had a pix, when my dad took a tour of the brand new Big Muskie, they parked the (2) tour busses in the bucket.

Hank R

Occupation
A bit of a story here, as I was retired and asked to take kids on this trip I jumped yes . Got to mine and unloaded kids Mine bosses had loader all ribboned off and was tell kids all about the loader and shovel. When done the boss guys said hot dogs and hot chocolate at shop kids and teachers thanked the mine guys. So Like I thought I have one chance of a life time here so I yelled out everyone get in shovel bucket There was cheers and kids jumped on in. Mine bosses were not happy with me and said they would let school know what I did say and it was not safe. So I said go ahead you want the phone ## and get in if you want your picture taken. So here it is.

75.jpg 74.jpg

Hank R

Occupation
A friend stopped by this morning and said Copper Mountain mine here started testin the Trolley Assist truck that SMS dealer did the work on last night should have pictures by tonight or morning.

Hank R

Occupation
Every year in June the mine has a miner day event in town and have a display and PR stuff free burgers and hot dogs etc. different suppliers have displays. 2 years ago they had this power unit for a mine haul truck there.

70.jpg 71.jpg

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
There were four 830 Haulpaks in this territory some years ago. They came with 149 Detroit engines that were pulling way to high of horsepower. Cylinder packs started burning out at a round 5,000 hours. The customer put the big Cummins engines in those in short order.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
I don't recall any of those machines' engine making much more than twelve or fifteen and far less after being rebuilt.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
I was surprise at the 22,000 hrs expected life.
Should easily go that long. They have a (relatively) easy life running what is effectively a generator set. With trolley assist the engines should go even longer than that.

Is it just me or does Hank's photo above appear to show that the pantograph of the truck isn't even touching the trolley wires.?

upload_2022-4-19_16-18-34.png

digger doug

Occupation
Thrash-A-Matic designer
It does appear the pantograph is down.
Enlarging the pix, looks like their is a smaller wire that is in contact.
The large wires appear to be too high for the pantograph to reach, even if they extend
the pantograph some more.

BTW what is the large red digit display facing the camera, opposite the operators cab ? it appears to be reading "210"