• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kobelco sk350lc-9e mechatro issue?

Kaden134

Got a kobelco sk340lc-9e I think I may be having some issues with the mechatro controller no fault codes on the cluster. No active fault codes in ecm
But I have no throttle and no hydraulics
I can throttle the engine to about 1000 rpm with my scan tool but not any higher. Safety switch/ lever is working. Checked all fuses and relays three times. I toggled to a screen on the gauge cluster and it does see the throttle increase but not the ecm. Any help is appreciated

Kyle Helmke

Did this just happen all the sudden or were there other problems first? Have you checked error codes in the monitor to see if any might be related? It's the KPSS switch in normal position?

Kaden134

Did this just happen all the sudden or were there other problems first? Have you checked error codes in the monitor to see if any might be related? It's the KPSS switch in normal position?
They unloaded it parked it came back a few days later unit will start but no throttle no hydraulics kpss switch is in the release lock position also tried normal no change had a nox sensor code from a previous issue but has been resolved

Kaden134

The switch needs to be in the normal position for the throttle to function. If you go to the diagnostic screens does the throttle percentage change with the dial
Yes sir it does it sees the throttle percentage. Changes with dial I also tried in the normal position.To my knowledge the switch has always been in the released position. The switch I’m referring to is by the fuse box to the right of the throttle dial it’s for the swing brake release. Emergency throttle dial doesn’t work either

Kaden134

Yes it is all the way to the left. Haven’t fount a kpss switch yet I’ll look through the manual and see if it mentions it
There should be another switch the KPSS which bypasses the controller for emergencies also is the dial by the fuse box all the way to the left
I haven’t seen a kpss switch on it yet. I’ll look through the manual and see if it mentions it.

LACHAU

Got a kobelco sk340lc-9e I think I may be having some issues with the mechatro controller no fault codes on the cluster. No active fault codes in ecm
But I have no throttle and no hydraulics
I can throttle the engine to about 1000 rpm with my scan tool but not any higher. Safety switch/ lever is working. Checked all fuses and relays three times. I toggled to a screen on the gauge cluster and it does see the throttle increase but not the ecm. Any help is appreciated
I want to make some suggestions.
1/- What is your scan tool? Do you have Hino DX 2 with the adapter? This only resolves the "NO THROTTLE PROBLEM".

2/- "NO HYDRAULIC PROBLEM" is another story, it has nothing to do with the failure to increase engine speed!

The screen of the machine or engine scanner can only read and display errors for parts that have sensors. The damage to the mechanical part (no sensor), the machine cannot report the error!

SK350LC-9E NA Engine Troubleshooting_Page_1.png

LACHAU

Have you ever changed the "unload psv" one? If it has already been replaced, double-check its part number.
Note that if the part number includes the letter R, its operating curve will be reversed.
The original "UNLOAD PSV" is without the letter R.

SK350LC-9E NA Hydraulic Neutral Circuit.png
KDRDE5K Spec.png

Kaden134

I do have hino dx with the adapter. I was using the autel 908cv with hino software. Engine runs fine no miss but the ecm doesn’t see the throttle input form the mechatro controller. I can see the throttle change on the gauge cluster in the diagnostic mode. New to the heavy equipment stuff actually a truck mechanic so I’m kinda bare in the hydraulic experience but I’ll read these diagrams and see if I can’t find these solenoids.

Kaden134

Also you can pull the fuse for the mechatro controller and it will load the hydraulics while cranking engine

LACHAU

I do have hino dx with the adapter. I was using the autel 908cv with hino software. Engine runs fine no miss but the ecm doesn’t see the throttle input form the mechatro controller. I can see the throttle change on the gauge cluster in the diagnostic mode. New to the heavy equipment stuff actually a truck mechanic so I’m kinda bare in the hydraulic experience but I’ll read these diagrams and see if I can’t find these solenoids.
I recommend you try using "EMERGENCY MODE" and see how it responds.
See the images below for more detail.
Also you can pull the fuse for the mechatro controller and it will load the hydraulics while cranking engine
Okay, you should try measuring the pilot pressure to see how many psi it gets.
The standard is 725 (+ 73) psi.

ScreenShot_20230520230527.png
Emergency.png
Emergency Dial.png

ScreenShot_20230520225859.png

Last edited:

Kaden134

No response from emergency dial will double check pilot pressure but don’t think it was building anything

kellymonroe

Occupation
Engineer
It sounds like you may be having an issue with the mechatronic controller. Check all wiring and connectors going to the controller and make sure that everything is properly connected and in good condition. If everything checks out, you may need to replace the mechatronic controller. Additionally, check for any fault codes or active codes in the ECM that might indicate a problem.

LACHAU

It sounds like you may be having an issue with the mechatronic controller. Check all wiring and connectors going to the controller and make sure that everything is properly connected and in good condition. If everything checks out, you may need to replace the mechatronic controller. Additionally, check for any fault codes or active codes in the ECM that might indicate a problem.
I'm really confused by what "Kaden134" commented. He said, "...no fault codes on the cluster. No active fault codes in ECM".
As far as I know, if the mechatronic controller is damaged, the screen should report error codes??!!

Last edited: