• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kobelco hydraulic excavators

Thomaslouise

Hour meter for SK330

SK330-8 sn.LC11-08653
How can i check actual hour meter showing at monitor display ?

Sorry if this not the forum for asking..tgis is my first time to post.

Thanks in advance

Ruahines

Occupation
fitter
Thanks for the part numbers.
They were ordered here before Christmas but I don't expect them until early in the New Year.
Fortunately the 5 minute araldite I put over the plugs/wires is still holding and all is going well.

RollOver Pete

Occupation
Operating Engineer/mechanic
Oil requirement for a SK 135SR swing motor?
Everything I have is in Japanese ....so Im lost.
Thanks in advance.

James.Clayton

Hello
Does anyone know where to download Kobelco excavator manuals without having to pay for them??

Look forward to your help.

Cheers
James

Vnco

Newb to the forum, not sure if I'm posting correctly but here goes. I have an 05 sk135srlc that has an issue with the boom hyd circuit. When lowering the boom, the hydraulics will not produce down pressure initially. Once the bucket makes contact with the ground, I can release the control and then when I push the control again it produces down pressure. It has done this since I purchased the machine more than a year ago. It is most annoying in hard ground or rock. Otherwise the weight of the boom produces enough down pressure for normal digging. Any advice or ideas would be great. Thanks

digger_hunter

Hey VNCO
Looks like it could be a faulty pressure sensor on the pilot circuit. Try and find the boom down pressure sensor and swap it with another known good one and chvek of the fault carries over. I'm not sure where they would be located on yours but I'll try and dig up the circuit. I think that when you press down on the lever the pressure sensor is not telling the computer that you are actually moving the boom so it doesn't tell the pump to increase the flow.

Hopefully if you can figure out which is the boom line you can change the line over and do some investigations

Hope this helps.

Vnco

Thanks for the quick response hunter. It's on a job about 45 min from my office. I'll be back out there Tuesday and I'll give that a try.

digger_hunter

ok. its a real pain on that machine to get to stuff but if you trace the line from the control valve you should be able to identify the pressure sensor.
Btw is the boom the only thing acting up?

Vnco

That is the only function acting up and it is only when applying down pressure. When raising the boom everything functions fine.

digger_hunter

ok. must be a pressure sensor. There should be a error code on the display but sometimes you get the symptom when the sensor goes towards an extreme end of its functionality. SO could be the case if it hasn't flagged an error code yet. But if you can swap a sensor off another function to check if it fixes the problem and leave it like that till you get a spare part. Relatively cheap sensor to be honest.

Ruahines

Occupation
fitter
We had an issue with a SK260 air con. Operators were complaining that as the day went by it warmed up.Pressures not quite right but within range, a/c cycling like crazy so we scheduled it for an evaporator clean.
Kobelco "engineers" deserve a kick in the bum for that design. Seat out and various pieces of hardware moved to one side and eventually the airbox was out and the evaporator is a slide in unit with 5 screws holding it. As suspected the evaporator was 80% blocked, but the point I am trying to make is that we could have pulled the evaporator out from below if the "engineers" had cut a slot in the floor and covered it with an inspection plate. Several hours work would now be an hour max.
The difficult question however is, how to train "operators" to keep the cabin clean.

Also we had issues with our SK330 pro valve wiring a while ago. willie gave us the numbers for the 2 pin plugs which solved most of the problems. the 3 pin plugs were a lot harder to find though. They are a Sumitomo connector and this guy sells them in Japan.
http://www.easternbeaver.com/Main/Elec__Products/Connectors/Sealed/SMHW/smhw.html

Kobelco ireland

Occupation
Mechanic
Newb to the forum, not sure if I'm posting correctly but here goes. I have an 05 sk135srlc that has an issue with the boom hyd circuit. When lowering the boom, the hydraulics will not produce down pressure initially. Once the bucket makes contact with the ground, I can release the control and then when I push the control again it produces down pressure. It has done this since I purchased the machine more than a year ago. It is most annoying in hard ground or rock. Otherwise the weight of the boom produces enough down pressure for normal digging. Any advice or ideas would be great. Thanks

Hi VNCO
I am also new to this forum was wondering if you got the problem with your machine sorted out

Vnco

Kobelco Ireland, I have not had time to trouble shoot the problem yet. I hope to find some time later this week. I will most certainly advise of my conclusion. Thanks.

Kobelco ireland

Occupation
Mechanic
Ok maybe also check if your machine has after market check valves fitted to lifting cylinders. I have come across a few machines in ireland with faulty after market check valves that caused the machines to act the same way yours is acting.

Vnco

You would be speaking of a craning valve designed to prevent the cylinder from colapsing in the case of a hose rupture? I don't believe there is anything like that on the machine but I will certainly have a look. I would imagine it would be fairly obviously mounted directly at the cylinder port? Thanks for the help.

Kobelco ireland

Occupation
Mechanic
You would be speaking of a craning valve designed to prevent the cylinder from colapsing in the case of a hose rupture? I don't believe there is anything like that on the machine but I will certainly have a look. I would imagine it would be fairly obviously mounted directly at the cylinder port? Thanks for the help.

Yes they are the valves I was asking about there would be one on the bottom of each lifting ram, if they are not fitted check what digger_hunter said.

Pipelinemech

Anyone else having problems with the sk170 def system? I have two sk170 with the fpt engine. 2012 models. I would love to be able to turn the def off and put a regular muffler on it. Any help?

plowboy689

Occupation
farmer
Hi guys, new to forum . I have a kobelco 220 LC mark4 It acts as if it might have a restriction on returning oil to tank It loads the motor when trying to walk or operating the boom. The swing does not seem to load the motor. I have recently rebuilt the bucket cylinder and the packings were terrible. Is there a prescreen or anything in the valve block that could be in the wrong position that would cause this problem. Thanks.