• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kobelco hydraulic excavators

Pine Creek Mine

I don't know nothig about you machine but have you check the basic? If electric fuel lift pump>make sure theres no air leak before the pump and check flow after pump, if injection pump is totaly mechanic check oil leve if above normal suspect seals at injection pump also if shut off valve is not stuck half way, disconect return line after last injector if good flow= injection pump ok, check air intake no restrictions, some times trash gets in the lines from injection pump to injectors or/ and lift pump to injection pump, also check for restrictions after hydraulic pump if direct drive by the engine this my keep it from turning rigth. hope this help u, u may want to ask for Mrkobelco he supoust to be a kobelco tech with accses to info

Thanks lineman,are 150 does not have a electric liftpump,air intake is clear,i tried also with the turbo air intake disconected,its a mecanical fuelpump but it has a electric stepmotor.Fuelflow from the tank is unrestricted.i can idle up and the RPM goes up without problems but as soon as there is any load,the motor bogs down and smokes black,i suspect it could be the step motor,will have a guy help me today to check on that.I dont know if the digital panel has anything to do with it but its blank since a couple of weeks.

Pine Creek Mine

i also cut open the fuelfilter,its like new,no debris or dirt,fuel lines are ok,good idea to check the shutoff valve,i do that today also.

SterlingR

Formerly DRESSTA1
Just my opinion, but if you are smoking black under load. Fuel supply is probably not the problem. It sounds like your pump is not doing it's job by unloading. It'm not familiar with Kobelco but some machines have a way to bypass the electronics for testing.

Pine Creek Mine

Just my opinion, but if you are smoking black under load. Fuel supply is probably not the problem. It sounds like your pump is not doing it's job by unloading. It'm not familiar with Kobelco but some machines have a way to bypass the electronics for testing.

i will have help today so i can look at the stepmotor while loading it up,i got the feeling that its not opening for more fuel under load and it just bogs down the motor.hard to work on the new stuff......my loaders are 40y. old...never a problem.

One time I have a similar problem w/a skytrak/cummins engine, after a lot of checking components one by one I found a sensor on the intake after the turbo to be the problem, just unpluged and fix thebproblem so went to store and get the newone and fixit!!

Victoria117

Occupation
Horse breeder and trainer
Hello- I am wondering how I would install a manual throttle cable in my 1994 sk120lc mark III? I just bought the machine and have been running on one speed, SLOW. Any advice would be very appreciated!

Send a pic of the machine (close up of cab and the engine bothbsides and I tell u how
Hello- I am wondering how I would install a manual throttle cable in my 1994 sk120lc mark III? I just bought the machine and have been running on one speed, SLOW. Any advice would be very appreciated!

Larry2

Yutani MD 120 LC YP00472 does't always want to pump hydraulic oil, filters and suction screen clean,may be fine for a week then act up, shut it off come back later it works.any ideas where to start

grandkobelco

Occupation
chainsaw, small engine mechanic
If you mean nothing moves, track, boom, swing, arm, bucket, sounds more like a lever lock, fuse connections, relay, wireing, coil problem. wes

Larry2

If you mean nothing moves, track, boom, swing, arm, bucket, sounds more like a lever lock, fuse connections, relay, wireing, coil problem. wes

Lever lock only controls upper functions leaning more at pilot pump pressure or pressure relief valve just after pilot filter,yesterday am didn't work today fine kinder nerve racking when the trucks are lined up to be loaded

anteybg

Hello Digger Hunter,
I was wondering did you solve problem with SK210?This summer I had more/less the same situation with New Holland e215b.Left track,arm in was very poor due to problem with pump No2.After few days problem was solved itself and I dont know what was the reason of malfunction.
What was problem on your machine?

Best regards,
Antey

digger_hunter

Hey anteybg

I think it's a faulty high pressure sensor on your pump. This is a very common issue on the sk200/210 we have found over the years. It can be sporadic and our experience has been that it doesn't even give a fault code on the display monitor as the sensor is within range just towards the wrong end of the operation spectrum!

anteybg

Good morning Digger Hunter,
Thanks a lot sharing with me this info_One more thing about this issue.I was entering/monitoring pressure on pump NO2 via CAB display and it seems to be that sensore pressure working fine.It goes from 2 to 35 MPa and I desided that was good component. Am I made mistake?

Thanks again,
Anteybg

digger_hunter

Hmm thats a bit strange then if the readings are within range. Have you checked the connectors as sometimes I've seen the wire insulation at the sensors get very brittle and they might have a bad connection. Also it could be that the sensors are in range now but you should check them when the problem occurs so you know if the reading is off.

Could also be the P2 pump solenoid not working as it should which would possibly cut flow from P2.Not sure if the negative pressure sensor would cause any issues like this if faulty but worth a check.

Ruahines

Occupation
fitter
We have several Kobelcos including a SK330 dash 6.
The wiring at the sensors and solenoids on the pumps is very brittle and the plugs/connectors need to be replaced.
Kobelco want lots for them so I wondered who made them. They look like a Delphi but I am not sure.
Any ideas would be appreciated. Two and three pin female connectors.
I will haul it into the workshop over Christmas and make a harness to splice into it.

Thanks

Last edited:

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
I think those are Tyco Electronics (TE Connectivity) AMP connectors. I just ordered pin sockets and housings for the pump proportional solenoid valves for an SK350-8 from Allied Electronics online, had to get the pin extractor tool from another online store because Allied was out of stock on the tool. I don't have the AMP part number here on my home computer, but the housing is similar to these. > http://www.te.com/usa-en/product-174352-2.html

Last edited:

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
These are the pieces I recently purchased for the proportional solenoid valves at the pumps.

Tyco/AMP part numbers
housing: 174352-2
pin socket: 171662-1
locking plate: 1-174353-1
wire seal: 172888-2

BTW, I'm still learning how to take pics on my new phone. :D

20151217_084828.jpg