• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kobelco hydraulic excavators

MR. KOBELCO

Resigned
Occupation
PARTS & SERVICE MGR. AMOUNG OTHER HATS @ KOBELCO D
P2633 Service code in a 2008 SK485. Any clue to what it represents, none of our books have that particular code in it. All oils and fluid levels up to snuff.

i found info. i'll e-mail it over.
cheers!

CNY-farmkid

Kobelco SK 025 Hydraulic issues

Mr. Kobelco et al,

I also wanted to share some info! I was not able to find the BSPP fitting Sunday while testing so i had a 1/4 ORB to 1/4 NPT hose built to test the main reliefs. while testing, i discovered P1 near 2900 at max PSI (Near the 210 kgf/cm2) while P2 read 700 psi cold and would drop to 500 after operation. interesting enough P2 runs the Left Travel (Weak) , Arm (no Power) and swing. P3 runs the Slew and Dozer and i found even less there. 500 PSI cold to 250 warm.

The Dozer is on Spool 1 and the Arm is on Spool 4. the dozer is manual while the arm is pilot. the only connecting feature of these to units is a leak in the Valve Body. for kicks!!! while operating the arm at full out i noticed the valve body jumping/splitting a very small amount. saw fluid get suck in between and show back up after i let off. i grabbed a 13mm wrench and tightened the entire valve body assembly together (4 bolts that hold it all together and poof! all fixed. full pressures at mains. the fluid had to be bypassing to the return.

Thank You ADAM! your help has been greatly appreciated. i will be in contact soon for maintanence to keep the old girl running! as a new owner... it is very rewarding to find someone willing to help with professionalism. a week ago i purchase this machine toungue and cheek as i knew there was a hydraulic issue. i have never operated an excavator and now i have a greater appreciation for the hydraulic system! Thanks again. i hope others find this information helpful on their machines.

MSE

I have an SK120 (engine & pump compartment on side instead of rear top access) and I have started to pull the engine and have come to a dead end in how to separate the pump from the engine. I can't really get to the pto assembly. Do the setscrews in the hub really hold the shaft on the pump in place, or am is the friction between the pump and 'bracket' or 'bellhousing' just something to be overcome?

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Welcome to the forum MSE.

What series SK120, Mark III, IV, or V?

What serial number?

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Kinda hard to picture the disassembled drive coupler, as it's shown assembled in the parts drawing, but it does come apart.

Hub #2-2 is secured on pump shaft with set screws 2-5. Then the three aluminum blocks that the socket head cap screw 2-4 fit into are fitted to hub 2-2, and secured with 2-4 cap screws.

Three items 2-7 are fitted to flywheel and secured by 2-3 cap screw.

The rubber elastomer does not have a number on the drawing, but is the material pictured between 2-7 and the aluminum blocks secured by cap screws 2-4. This assembly does simply slip apart, but over time they do tend to get deformed from torque load of engine driving the hyd pump. I've had to put some good prying pressure on flywheel housing cover to get the assembly to come apart.

SK120 V pump drive coupler.gif

C & C Con

I have an sk 150 that will start but stalls with in seconds. changed filters and get same results. any ideas ?

drzach

hi i have a kobelco mini excavator sk30ur and want to change hydraulic oil .can anyone advice .not much room . thx

MR. KOBELCO

Resigned
Occupation
I have an sk 150 that will start but stalls with in seconds. changed filters and get same results. any ideas ?

hi,
SK150LC III, or SK150LC IV. what is the serial number? which engine Mitsubishi or Cummins?

MR. KOBELCO

Resigned
Occupation
hi i have a kobelco mini excavator sk30ur and want to change hydraulic oil .can anyone advice .not much room . thx

hi,
one thing you need to do is to try to get as much hydr oil back into the tank as possible.
if you are able, have the boom streched right out hiding the chrome on all the cylinders, get the boom down as well even into a hole.
be sure to relieve the pressure off the hydr tank before opening the lid (if tank is pressurised)
most are.
make sure to clean the bottom of the hyd tank too.
wipe up the sediment.
using lint free cloths.
what advice are you wanting exactly?
which is the recommended oil to use?
the hydr oil should be of mobile use recommended for outdoor use and a HVI (high viscosity index)
if you let me know whom you use such as Texaco, Shell, Exxon, etc...
i can provide the name.
cheers!

HappyDigger

Hi All

Can anyone point me in the direction of an Kobelco aftermarket vendor in the UK or Europe?

Thanks in advance
Happy Digger

grandkobelco

Occupation
chainsaw, small engine mechanic
I think mr kobelco is going in the right direction. if you have a inline inj pump the "pull, run" soliniod may be bad. These mount between the inj pump and the block. It looks bad but they can be changed.

tehlab

sk330lc-6f yc07

Hello everyone, I need a scheme for sk330-lc serialno.yc07 02884-2003years. The display I have error "I2 batery relay. Not have automatically throttle, I checked batery relay and it works. I checked all the wires that give the information to work. If someone has an idea how to solve the problem thanks in advance. my email is: tehlab@gmail.com

mgirard

Hi,

I'm thinking about buying a 2001 Kobelco sk210, but the controls are opposite to what my other machines have; the boom is on the left and the stick on the right. Is it possible to switch this, and if so, how?

Thanks

MSE

2-7 is actually one piece. With the hopes of the shaft 'slipping' out, the rubber (2-7) is giving up the fight. I'm seeing that 2/7 should slip off of 2-3 as they are attached to the flywheel. Any suggestions, or should I break out the wd-40 and let it soak?

MSE

Kinda hard to picture the disassembled drive coupler, as it's shown assembled in the parts drawing, but it does come apart.

Hub #2-2 is secured on pump shaft with set screws 2-5. Then the three aluminum blocks that the socket head cap screw 2-4 fit into are fitted to hub 2-2, and secured with 2-4 cap screws.

Three items 2-7 are fitted to flywheel and secured by 2-3 cap screw.

The rubber elastomer does not have a number on the drawing, but is the material pictured between 2-7 and the aluminum blocks secured by cap screws 2-4. This assembly does simply slip apart, but over time they do tend to get deformed from torque load of engine driving the hyd pump. I've had to put some good prying pressure on flywheel housing cover to get the assembly to come apart.

View attachment 78309

2-7 is actually one piece. With the hopes of the shaft 'slipping' out, the rubber (2-7) is giving up the fight. I'm seeing that 2/7 should slip off of 2-3 as they are attached to the flywheel. Any suggestions, or should I break out the wd-40 and let it soak?

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
You may be right, part #2-3 may simply be studs that #2-7 slips onto, it may well be stuck. But that's the only way it's going to come apart as the hub should be locked to pump shaft with the set screws. If you can't get it to slip off, you just might have to destroy the rubber elastomer and replace the drive coupling. Stuff like that happens.

anestg

1996 MKIV sn0002739
Gauge cluster display months ago began to 'reset' while running. By 'reset' I mean the Screen would go blank, sound toned with three tones then the screen would reset with the word "OK" in the display along with the temperature and fuel 'column bars' maxing out. All the while the machine continued to operate. Months ago this would happen infrequently, like 2 or 3 times per day. With time this same combination of resetting, sounds and temperature/fuel column bars maxing out became more frequent until now the gauge cluster display is not working. At the suggestion of the Kobelco dealer I've checked the harness wiring where it rubs on the trays for the computer.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated. thanks