• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kobelco hydraulic excavators

ltlewade17

and I cannot ebay or google anything for this model. I bought it for $6000 and these are the only things wrong with it so far so I still got a deal but I just dont want to have to pay that much for basic items. I have the shop manual and the parts book online the part # is YN50S00029F1 for the switch and PV58S00001P1 for the sight glass any help would be awsome. I would not be opposed to buying a CAT switch if I knew they were setup the same

ltlewade17

We recently bought a Kobelco SK 30UR at an auction. It's a great looking machine but we need Owners/Users manals and maybe parts list. Everyone that we have contacted say it is a "gray market" machine and no one has any info on it. What is the difference between the SR and UR? Not sure what type hydraulic fluid to use. We aren't sure where to find the SN (most everything is in Japanese), the only number we found so far that we recognize is: PR00991. Any help is appreciated.

I love my SK030-2 It is just very very hard for me to get parts, what is the year on it I have a service man. in english for up to 1997, I think. If ours is the same, I can try to copy it for you.

mtnrider

Kolbelco SK120LC MKIV Two Speed Control Issues

I have a Kobelco SK120LC MKIV YPU-1087. I can hear the two speed travel control relay clicking when I throw the speed toggle, but it stays in high travel speed. It does go to low speed on uphill travel but not when I throw the switch, making delicate movements difficult and dangerous. If you have any info where the actual hydraulic and solenoid valve is located that would be a great help.
Many thanks.

FarmerAlex

Occupation
Engineer (AT UNI), Heavy equipment owner/ operator
Gday all, i'm looking for a mini X in the 3.5 - 4.5 ton range and came across the SK35SR-1 its a very neat looking unit. I was wondering if anyone can give the lowdown on these units and how successful they are?

Any info would be very much appreciated

cheers
alex

MR. KOBELCO

Resigned
Occupation
PARTS & SERVICE MGR. AMOUNG OTHER HATS @ KOBELCO D
Mr. Kobelco I have a SK030-2, I love the machine, but hate the cost of parts in my area. I need an igintion switch which the dealer wants $163.00(US) and a sight glass $64.00 and suggestions, the next closest dealer was half the price but said he couldnt ship them to me because it was not his area. I really dont want to use a differant kind of switch, and redo a bunch of wiring but for those prices I might just check the Hyd. oil by unbolting the top and rewire the switch

hi ltlewade17,
first off need to confirm 100% by your serial number.
ser# PW-0#### ????
so far,
the correct ignition switch part number should be PV50S00001F1, suggested canadian list of
$ 186.59
the hyd tank oil level sight gauge assy. is the PV58S00001P1, suggested canadian list of $ 56.87.
cheers!

MR. KOBELCO

Resigned
Occupation
I have a Kobelco SK120LC MKIV YPU-1087. I can hear the two speed travel control relay clicking when I throw the speed toggle, but it stays in high travel speed. It does go to low speed on uphill travel but not when I throw the switch, making delicate movements difficult and dangerous. If you have any info where the actual hydraulic and solenoid valve is located that would be a great help.
Many thanks.

hi mtnrider,
the 2-speed solenoid is located underneath the cab, second panel back from the front of the cab, the manifold is mounted against the side frame rail. it contains 2 solenoids, the one towards the counterweight is the 2-speed, the other to front of cab is the safety lever lock. part# 2436U1453S11. our price is $ 497.55 canadian.
the ohms of solenoid 13.5 ohms up to max. 30 ohms.
i have sent you an e-mail also of the parts print outs.
in document1.pdf - see " H "
cheers!
adam.

ltlewade17

hi ltlewade17,
first off need to confirm 100% by your serial number.
ser# PW-0#### ????
so far,
the correct ignition switch part number should be PV50S00001F1, suggested canadian list of
$ 186.59
the hyd tank oil level sight gauge assy. is the PV58S00001P1, suggested canadian list of $ 56.87.
cheers!

Do you think I can re-wire it with a 4 post key switch, and a seperate push button switch for the pre-heater? What other systems might doing something like this effect? Could I just use a CAT five post switch instead I found a few on EBay for $5.00-$20.00. And I know that the sight glass comprises of Banjo bolts going to that plastic piece, can I use compression fittings with clear air brake tubing instead?

MR. KOBELCO

Resigned
Occupation
Gday all, i'm looking for a mini X in the 3.5 - 4.5 ton range and came across the SK35SR-1 its a very neat looking unit. I was wondering if anyone can give the lowdown on these units and how successful they are?

Any info would be very much appreciated

cheers
alex

hi,
we have sold quite a few, other than the routine maintenance, if has a cab, the cab door locking mechanism uses plastic clips, up here in canada where it gets quite cold they become brittle and brake. no biggie for the replacement clips have been re-engineered to solve this issue. one more comes to mind, with a cab (again) the air cond unit's receiver dryer (if attached) rigidly by hard plumbed, there is a short line which can fracture. this is now replaced with an a/c hose.
cheers!

randylil

Occupation
Owner of a garage.
I have a Kobelco SK60 Mark III excavator, model number LE16073, that was burnt in a fire & I have redone the pilot lines etc on the machine. I am having some trouble with it. Right now the right hand track will not travel unless the left hand one is going at the same time or the boom or bucket has to be moving in order for the left hand track to move. I also have no power on the arm (it will not push or pull). The whole machine moves very slow. But I have had it working, the track stopped working just the other day. If anybody can help me it would much appreciated. I don't know if you e-mail but my e-mail is rrautomotive@mainester.net. Thank you.

randylil

Occupation
Owner of a garage.
Hi Mr Kobelco
I have a Kobelco SK60 Mark III serial # LE 16073. The right hand travel is very slow to nonexistant except when operating any other function then it turns on and goes. It will work in a straight line forward or backward only when using the left hand travel. It first started with a "lockout" of all functions when using the left hand travel (except for right hand travel) nothing else will work. This machine was totaled in a fire but everything has been rebuilt or replaced along with being rehosed. I have 300 psi of pilot pressure to the travel that doesn't work right. But I must be bypassing somewhere untill I use another function. I have checked all check balls, screens, changed filters and swapped relief valves, but it never changes, maybe for the first 5 minutes or so it will work fine and then it starts to act up and not work right. If you let the machine sit for 10 minutes it will start working all right for another 5 minutes and then goes right back to messing up. The bucket and arm do not have any power either. They won't even push over a snow bank. My e-mail is rrautomotive@mainester.net if you need to e-mail me. If you could please help me it would be much appreciated.

Bert304

Hello Everyone
I have a Kobelco Acera Super Version SK200 (Grey market) and it had a fire when someone set the magnet down on the ground before turning it off. I wrote Mr. Kobelco an email but would like any suggestions on where to get wire schematics and Hydraulic schematics for the machine. The problem I am trying to fix right now is the wires to the alt were burnt off. I put a different alt in but can not figure out where the wires go? Does anyone have a pic or something to help?

Thanks

LACHAU

Hello Everyone
I have a Kobelco Acera Super Version SK200 (Grey market) and it had a fire when someone set the magnet down on the ground before turning it off. I wrote Mr. Kobelco an email but would like any suggestions on where to get wire schematics and Hydraulic schematics for the machine. The problem I am trying to fix right now is the wires to the alt were burnt off. I put a different alt in but can not figure out where the wires go? Does anyone have a pic or something to help?Thanks

Hi Bert304,
Your KOBELCO 's same like this?? If yes. I give you the electric diagram of it

SK200-6.png

http://www.mediafire.com/?wqsisxc8bkyww4i

Bert304

Thank you

My mechanic is reviewing it and it might be the correct one. Could you send me a picture of the Altenator for the wire connections.

Bert304

Acera vs. Mark 5

Sorry the schematics did not match up.
I guess there is a difference between the Acera and the Mark 5.

This is an Acera machine which I would guess is older.

If anyone that has an Acera SK200 can take a picture of the wires on the Alternator and post it. The wires that we are not sure about is the 3 small wires for the plug on the side near the positive cable attachment bolt

Marksan

l had packing issues in my wrist cylinder and have had it repacked.

However, i noticed when i had the hoses uncoupled and fired up the engine it was running oil out of both hoses to the wrist cylinder, which i dont think is supposed to happen.

Now (hoses reconnected) when i curl the bucket up to the stick with the stick in a vertical postion it stays there (before it would creep down). When i push the bucket out it will not stay there it will creep down to a neutral postion (in a postion the bucket would hang with no cylinder) in about 20-25 secs.

Has some crud, stuck something open? lve got no clue where to start the hunt!

753 Bobcat

kobelco sk135sr 2001

1) are you having trouble searching for new o.e.m., remanufactured, reconditioned, or new aftermarket replacement parts?
2) is your machine acting up and not running the way it should?
3) do you require help pin-pointing the root cause of the problem?
4) do you have any unanswered questions?
5) are you looking for manuals specific to your model and by serial number?

please post your topics here. i will do my best to help out.
as i am also sure and gladly invite the other experienced kobelco mechanics on this forum to ring in with advice as well!

thank-you!
:)

hello
this is new to me
i am based in the UK and have an SK135SR (2001)
it is suffering from lack of power (speed?)
we have an SK70SR that we had new and this is much faster in operation
i had the main relief valve replaced and the main pressures are up to scratch
the pumps sound noisy when under load
it used to have an extending dipper on it which i swapped back to standard
some one has put a tapping into the round blank cover on top of the hydraulic tank which is capped off
the machine is slow in most operations
just had the engine rebuilt due to water damage (not linked)
and it runs as new
i did read the thread on re-lapping the relief valve seat???
please can you point me in the right direction
many thanks

GaryHoff

Occupation
Heavey Equipment Mechanic
how many hours are on your machine?? Please better describe the lack of power. (is it not able to lift as much as before, is the boom or stick slow in opperation, is either track (or both) slow, or lacking power?)
Start by checking your hydraulic filter and the suction screen (in the hydraulic tank) for and brass or metal debris. If significant amounts are found, there may be a faulty pump. (since you said the pumps were noisy)

If no significant amounts are noticed, you may have a faulty psv valve (located on top of the pumps) This may be more likely, as you stated that you were getting full pressures. Can you tell me what pressures you were reading, and for what functions? What is your pilot pressure at? Are you getting full pilot pressure to the main contol valve? (there are screens in the fittings for the pilot controls that may be plugged) Were you reading your pressures from the diagnostic screen? More information is requried for a proper diagnosis.

Last edited: