• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kobelco 909LCii coolant in motor oil known causes?

KFont

Hello group. I'm considering buying a Kobelco 909LCii with the mitsubishi turbo 6DC15. Are there any known issues to consider when diagnosing coolant in motor oil for this particular engine? It happened shortly after a coolant flush. Which raises my suspicions. The coolant pressurized the crankcase and leaked from the rear main seal. It already had a new headgasket and machined head. It still runs without issue. The only symptom is rear main seal leaking milky oil. Its always possible something related to the new gasket failed of course. Or leaking jug seal. Or a possible previous block seal failed, etc. But I'm asking those with more experience with this particular engine setup to chime in on known issues to consider. And any additional weakpoints to consider would be helpful. Many thanks

Last edited: