• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kobelco 907 wet kit ( aux hyd)

Fishfiles

I am looking to help a guy put a aux hud kit on a Kobelco 907 which is about 25 years old , he wants to run a vibratory compactor and stick pilings in the water for boat hoist , docks and camps , one directional flow is all that is needed , ad the return line would be best placed if returned to the tank so that there will be no back pressure on the attchment when it is stopped , the dealer says there is no aux kit or parts available for it , made some calls to after market kit manufactures such as Hydraulic Curciutries with no luck , someone suggested tying into the travel motor hose and install a valve , the machine is on a barge and walking is very limited so once in postion it would not move much anyway and throwing a switch or valve would be ok , I would almost think I would need two valves , one to divert the flow from the travel to the attachment and one to divert the return to the tank , has anyone done anything like this before and have any input of the best way to acomplish it , any replys would be greatly apprechiated , fishfiles

dirthog

Occupation
heavy equipment mechanic
hyd kit

you will have trouble tying in to any circuit because you also need to actavate the pump. the only place you might find a kit would be Allied Construction but they only sell through dealers. The older Kobelco's were not made to run aux attachments. we started selling them in the early 80 when they first came into this country and I have not see a machine that old plumbed

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
I never did a Kobelco but have done a few Komatsu excavators.

We put a diverter valve in between the pump and the main valve. It had an electric solenoid that activated it and shifted oil to the auxiliary circuit. We did have to find a way to turn the pump on. Komatsu systems had a pair of hoses to the control valve on the pump and we installed three way valve. The third port went to tank when the diverter was activated. I suspect the Kobelco pumps have a single hose to stroke the pump when a function is activated.

When you do this type of circuit it will slow down all the other functions of the valve while the auxiliary is activated. Compound operation is usually affected.

Check a hydraulic component supply house for more ideas.

Good Luck!

dumptrucker

We had the same problem with our 1984 K905. We wanted a thumb but no one had another valve bank to put on it. What we did was to tie into the return on the valve bank and fed the new valve for the thumb , worked great.