• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Know of a good (LOUD) wireless phone bluetooth?

Stevenbrla

I asked this question a couple years ago... and I've yet to find a wireless bluetooth (for my cell phone) that is LOUD enough to be heard in my International flatbed. (and of course transmits good quality voice also)

I've googled and read reviews and haven't stumbled on one yet. Surely, it exists.

Have you found it??

Two that aren't are Jawbone Icon and Jawbone Era. I just got the Era today, so will give a it a few more days of test time before I return it (and I've got to have one while I look for it's replacement anyway...)

CRAFT

Occupation
30 yrs Owner/Operator
Would you concider an ear-bud type ?....... I tried a bunch of them too .... and returned them all .... as funny as this may sound ... but I had my hearing checked about a year or so ago .... I do have some hearing loss from running equipment and chain saws ... but when they checked the Db ranges where the damage is it's exactly where all women talk .... LOL ... now you can say that that would/could be called selective hearing now .. PERFECT ... but most of the friggn voices on them damn blue tooths are womens voices .... what I found was an ear bud that uses a louder clearer MANS voice ... its made by "BLUE ANT " model T1 .... I got the hearing guy to custom fit an ear piece (the same as the full hearing protectors but with a canal thru it to let some sound thru) where they inject foam let it set , pull it out and they send it away to make a hearing protector ... BUT what they can do is make it to fit the ear-buds socket (where it goes into the ear) and you'll wear that thing 8-10 hrs a day with no irritation ..... it may sound complicated but it's a piece of cake to have done ..... took totally only a week to get made and sent back.....I had both ears done cause I didn't know which ear it would work better in ..... they cost ~$50 ea. ..... BUT WELL WORTH THE $100 bucks ! (the T-1 BlueAnt cost me õn sale $49 ... reg they are about $89

PS. it works well not only to listen, but people can hear you very clearly too ... they don't complain that the back-ground noise is drowning your voice out either ..... Check it out

Stevenbrla

Thanks Craft. That definitely sounds worth checking out. I don't mind an earbud... the Jawbone I've been using is an earbud style. So the stock T1 doesn't work well by itself?

I was reading some (pretty) good reviews on the Plantronics Voyager Pro. I'm going to try to grab one today and try it out.

Seems like everyone of them has good and bad reviews... and of course most people aren't trying to use them in a constant noisy environment.

Sometimes its hard to find tools for the biz guy that is the inside sales guy, the outside sales guy, delivery driver, accountant, HR guy, etc...

red_man80

I give up on a Bluetooth and went old school with the wired type. I can hear and the caller can hear, but that wire is a pain. Good luck on your quest, and be sure to let us know what you find.

PAcattech

Occupation
CAT field service tech (31yrs)
was reading some (pretty) good reviews on the Plantronics Voyager Pro
Since the Fed DOT mandated hands free only the first of the year , ive used the Plantronics Voyager Pro . works good ,the cab of my service truck is loud caller on other end cannot hear any noise from truck (except if window is down) it has noise cancelling built into it .I can hear caller fine I would recomend it. Guys that wear glasses dont like beacuse it goes over your ear.

Last edited:

CRAFT

Occupation
30 yrs Owner/Operator
............ So the stock T1 doesn't work well by itself? ......

No it works very well on its own ..... but the guys that design these things (all brands) the way it either sits in your ear or hangs on it , well they probably never wore one longer than an hr ....and after a while they all make your ear (inside & out) very sore ..... but with adding the custom fit ear piece its all day everyday ...... it's just what I did ..... just another view of what can work for the working guy .........

.......... Guys that wear glasses dont like beacuse it goes over your ear.

.........Just another PIA reason why I had the custom fit ear piece made ........... It's not like we don't wear safety glasses & hard hats on the job site ....LOL.......OHH... btw those custom fits are WCB aproved hearing protection as well ............. JMHO

CRAFT

Occupation
30 yrs Owner/Operator
What kind of phone do you have?

POS ..... Samsung- Rugby II ...... it's a very durable phone but it hasn't nearly got the range of an iPhone and not the most user friendly phone either...... I DON'T want a smart phone or any equivilant .... but looks like the next time round I won't have a choice

dblaneyfan

I was asking about type of phone because smartphones can get sound boosting apps from their respective markets. I have a Samsung Nexus and it (the sound boosting app) has increased the db level through bluetooth for me.

1toomanyhobbies

I don't have any first hand experience with this headset but just doing some Internet searching I found this http://www.affordablehomeelectronic...ssional-gradewirelessheadsetsystemb250xt.aspx It is designed to be used in loud environments so has noise canceling microphone and loud speaker. In the link it has a youtube video with a guy recording a conversation in front of an idling tractor and you can't hear it in the background. Something to check out.

blitz138

I stopped at a Bose outlet store and picked up the Bose bluetooth. It fits differently then other bluetooths that Ive had but its the best one that I have ever used. I didnt get the noise cancelling one but I think they have noise cancelling that could really help.

Stevenbrla

Just an update...

I bought a Plantronics Voyager, only $79 at the local cheap retailer. I've had it almost 2 weeks and am VERY pleased with it.

Its a little bigger than the Jawbone I'm used to, but it fits comfortably. Sometimes after several hours on my ear, it does get a little sore... so I just swap ears. Best of all.... it works!

My big challenge was trying to hear my customers talking to me while I was driving my delivery truck (Int'l 4700), and them being able to hear me.

With the Voyager, my friends have told me that it sounds like I'm in my office, not my truck. Today I was on my diesel forklift, having a conversation on the phone.

I'll be returning the $129 Jawbone. Thanks for the input!

curbside

I've used a Blue Eagle II headset. It also has the noise reduction etc and works real will. Only complaint is if you use it near a portable radio or other electronic devise it knocks it off line. Some kind of interferance issue. But clear as a bell otherwise.