• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kenworth Thread for 848--849--850

Coaldust

Occupation
Cargo Tanks, ULSD, RUG, Methanol, LPG
Thanks

Hank R. and Vigilant,

Thanks for identifying that beast. I see some of the differences now. Just looked at the Kenworth website and noticed that the C500B is still in production. Here is another one set up as a logger. This one was at Hobart Bay summer of 1990 and is painted in Long Island Development colors. Klukwan Forest Products purchased Long Island Development IIRC and still had some of their old equipment. Funny thing, working in the rain forest had caused the plywood cab floors to soften and rot on all these trucks. I remember replacing a few of them with new plywood.

The C500 brochure is very cool..... Thanks for posting that Hank R.

Coaldust

image.jpg

Vigilant

Occupation
Attitude Adjuster at the Graybar Hotel
Hank R. and Vigilant,

Thanks for identifying that beast. I see some of the differences now. Just looked at the Kenworth website and noticed that the C500B is still in production. Here is another one set up as a logger. This one was at Hobart Bay summer of 1990 and is painted in Long Island Development colors. Klukwan Forest Products purchased Long Island Development IIRC and still had some of their old equipment. Funny thing, working in the rain forest had caused the plywood cab floors to soften and rot on all these trucks. I remember replacing a few of them with new plywood.

The C500 brochure is very cool..... Thanks for posting that Hank R.

Coaldust

View attachment 131305

Looks more like an LW9.

RCP57

Occupation
commercial fisherman/part time elf
I've been trying to build myself a more realistic play area for the mini stuff so I got my Dad to help me move some dirt in behind my shop. He loaded the truck and I hauled it. Now I have a fairly big pile to make some scale sized logging road....
The first one is not KW related so forgive me but it will make more sense in the second video and so on....
[video=youtube;JJf9z0OUQhY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJf9z0OUQhY&list=UUrzqEOj31tJ-DusnO8Onw7A[/video]

RCP57

Occupation
[video=youtube;0k5xtXQXtTo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0k5xtXQXtTo&list=UUrzqEOj31tJ-DusnO8Onw7A[/video]

RCP57

Occupation
The steering servo was giving me some grief here and I couldn't make the turns...
[video=youtube;4m2SPzoQbZI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m2SPzoQbZI&list=UUrzqEOj31tJ-DusnO8Onw7A[/video]

Last edited:

RCP57

Occupation
[video=youtube;1PQxs48HY-s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PQxs48HY-s&list=UUrzqEOj31tJ-DusnO8Onw7A[/video]

RCP57

Occupation
Last one of the KW

[video=youtube;GbBweEdrJFY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbBweEdrJFY&list=UUrzqEOj31tJ-DusnO8Onw7A[/video]

diamondtguy

Occupation
machine fitter/fabricator
Not sure if I should comment on your cool new play ground..
the great camera angles..
the need for traction control in the KW...
or....Holy crap do you ever have a lot of firewood.
So I will say nothing......Good work

Oh ya...no drinking and driving

JDOFMEMI

Where are the trees? or at least the stumps:D

Looks great, though you may have to have a talk with the catskinner about making the turns wider so you can get around.

Really though, that is a super playground for some really great trucks. :drinkup

dirty4fun

Reg, What a bunch of real neat videos, like the new mountains with roads. Does make the scale of things look even more realistic. Great job!

RCP57

Occupation
Not sure if I should comment on your cool new play ground..
the great camera angles..
the need for traction control in the KW...
or....Holy crap do you ever have a lot of firewood.
So I will say nothing......Good work

Oh ya...no drinking and driving

Thanks Cory. You can never have too much firewood....

Looks great Reg, know you just need a log loader!

Yes I sure do! Just need to decide what to build and then find 6 months of free time!lol

Where are the trees? or at least the stumps:D

Looks great, though you may have to have a talk with the catskinner about making the turns wider so you can get around.

Really though, that is a super playground for some really great trucks. :drinkup

I will be working on the stump thing. Hopefully, I can find some small ones somewhere and plant them in the ground. The size of the KW(1/10) makes it tough to play in a confined area. The Hayes is a much better scale(1/14) for playing like this although I really like the bigger scale better for looks and details. I need to change the servo that operates the steering in the KW and that will help. It doesn't always turn when I want it to and in a corner that tight it makes a huge difference. I also get screwed up when I start watching through the camera screen and not looking where I'm going. I guess I can't multitask very well....

Reg, What a bunch of real neat videos, like the new mountains with roads. Does make the scale of things look even more realistic. Great job!

Thanks Jim. When are you coming out to play?

dirty4fun

Reg,

Kind of depends on a few things happening around here. Would like to meet up with you, if there is a truck show at Duncan or Alberni see that, also. Then hope I can get Steve to give me another ride, and see the guys I met last year. So many really good people there that I would like to see again.

RCP57

Occupation
Reg,

Kind of depends on a few things happening around here. Would like to meet up with you, if there is a truck show at Duncan or Alberni see that, also. Then hope I can get Steve to give me another ride, and see the guys I met last year. So many really good people there that I would like to see again.

What's her name Jim?lol Duncan show is on July 18-19 I believe. Not sure about the Port Alberni show but I'm guessing labor day weekend.

diamondtguy

Occupation
machine fitter/fabricator
I will be coming back over for one of the shows..Maybe I can arrange a tour for "The field of Dreams".......