• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Just Bought a Case 9060 Excavator (100klbs...)

Juan More Time

I just bought a big excavator because the price was right. It starts and runs great. Cost a chunk to have it moved to our ranch. Seems to be well maintained. The right track does not have a whole lot of power. The left out runs the right. Could it be as simple as low hydraulic fluid? Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

gilraine

you would have to check pressures at the drive motors. if pressures are the same +/- 1 percent, then more than likely the motor is worn out. low hydro fluid wouldnt do that

Juan More Time

It seems like it doesn't have the proper power. I tried to use boom to lift up the track and it didn't even have the power to get the track off the ground. The motor is new but I think the hydraulics are a little tired.

gilraine

That isn't right. Our 35k hour 235 cat will throw the track in the air with no problem. Are the hydraulics slow? Also what engine speed are you running it at. Some need 3/4 throttle or more to make full power. You may have a problem with the pump or relief valve.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
I'm thinking a 9060 Case is the same as a Link-Belt 5800, both built by Sumitomo in Japan. Un-equal tracking can be caused by a variety of problems in the hydraulic system. The issue I've seen the most is a leaking swivel (rotary manifold) in the center of the machine that feeds hydraulic oil to the carrier and allows the house to rotate continuously. Next issue could be a worn travel motor. If those check out good then a weak pump might be the next thing to check.

Really if you have no experience in working on this stuff you should find some one local to help you do the troubleshooting. A few hours of their time might at least provide you with enough information to ask the right questions here.

ex150

I’m having the same problem on my hitachi ex150. Does your hydraulic pump whine at all when the machine is being used?

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
Hi Juan More Time, Welcome to HEF. Here are some very basic questions to answer that may help the experienced folks here identify your problem.
1. How much bend was in your boom when you tried to lift the track? How close did you set the bucket to the track?
2. Was the engine revved up?
3. Does the machine dig and does the bucket curl have decent power to fill the bucket in decent soil?
4. Does the engine seem to lug down at all when you stall the hydraulics like when trying to dig, I/E bypass the pumps on the relief circuits?
5. Can you install a pressure gauge in one of the cylinder circuits to test pump pressure?