• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Just another day in paradise

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
My kind of day. Got sanding done, that was good, then went to hell in a hurry. Brought up bank account as do nearly every Monday(Paranoid), several auto draws left and without my Input from my Retirement account. Supposed to Deposit 15th of month somehow got delayed so overdraft but bank knows it is coming.
So off to second bank in Washington MO, where we put Savings (Better interest and AWAY from us so do not tap) move enough to cover next auto draws and head to Wally World for wife needs (Shopping), get done headed home she notes a wild expense on Receipt $146 for a loaf of bread. Had appointment so get stuff out of car, load her old UNUSED Treadmill and Skin up RT RR Corner of car in process, $1000 deductible so will be ALL Ours. Deliver to her friend and head to Wally world, manager pulls up register camera, at time of receipt and yes, a loaf of bread NOT on the receipt was scanned, as a Electric Impact Wrench, Credited to account and back home. Loss of three or so gallons of gas and probably $1k in body work for her Free Giveaway.

Last edited:

1466IH

Been hot for Maine this week. Into the 90s and humid. Been getting my moneys worth out of the umbrella I got from pipeliners cloud and my Milwaukee M18 fan. Well worth the $. View attachment 264365View attachment 264366
I honestly love those late nights with lights going and in the middle of nowhere. No phones ringing or operators standing over your shoulder. Just me and a machine. Peaceful...

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
I suppose the late nights wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't already worked a long day and was two hundred miles from home and the weather wasn't so hot/cold, rainy/snowy and the wind blowing 35 to 50 and crap falling out of the trees till the whole tree came down.

1466IH

I suppose the late nights wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't already worked a long day and was two hundred miles from home and the weather wasn't so hot/cold, rainy/snowy and the wind blowing 35 to 50 and crap falling out of the trees till the whole tree came down.
No different that being out in the elements all day long. I generally get started later in the morning than most but will work well into the night when I'm alone. Other than a machine down my customers appreciate the fact that they can run all day and let me come in in the afternoon to get things done. There is also a lot less of a chance of a certain govt agency showing up in the evening to a mine site

Monkeywithawrench

I love those Pipeliner umbrella's!! You should watch the video on their website. Shows a gale blowing through where their working, camera pans to a guy holding onta a patio umbrella thats folded over and inside out for dear life, pans back to a truck with the pipeliner umbrella..........good video. I have not purchased as of yet...............that's on the list. I have one of our old patio umbrellas since it seems the wGife insists on getting a new one every year.
My buddy and I have been discussing those the past couple of weeks. I think I'm going to bite the bullet with him and buy one. The 24" electric fan has been running alot too!! Umbrella on craine, fan on the hook!! Amazing what that breeze does to tkeep you cool. I'm REALLY thinking about mounting a 55G barrel of water in the back and setting up mister on the fan...............now that would be kick ass!!! We northerners are too adept at dealing with the heat.........better at the cold, snow, and ice............me thinks.................Right Mike??!! :confused::D
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!
NO MATTER HOW TEMPTING IT MAY BE................DON'T USE YOUR SMART PHONE AS A WHEEL CHOCK!!
Doesn't end well for the phone. I had left my phone on the front right tire of a dump truck on Thursday. Forgot about it............needed to roll the truck back a few feet. Didn't even start it.......just release the brakes and rolled it back. SQUISH!!! Inititially I thought it would be great......no phone calls, no texts.........needed to look up hose number for a skid steer..........no hot spot for laptop. Couldn't call out to get to parts dept. Then started thinking about it......all the texts and pics I had on there, all the apps I need to recover. So the old phone was a Galaxy S10+ w/ 1 TB of memory and an SD card slot. Biggest phone you can get from Verizon is on 512GB..................and that's the top of line $1400 phone. The new phones don't have SD card slots anymore. Looking on Verizon online w/ my account............if I traded in a working phone.......my Galaxy S10+......Verizon would give me $89 for it towards a new phone. The insurance company charged me $249 dedutible for my replacement S10+ that Verizon says is only worth $89 towards a $1400 phone. New S10+ showed up yesterday.............SD card and old phone at the Phone ER. Have to get it Monday and stuff the SD card in. That is a life saver right there.....SD card.

Monkeywithawrench

Came in from yard work to sit in front of AC, cool down, drink another gallon of ice water, and re read my post I wrote at noon...............DAMN!!! I made a ton of misspellings and grammatical errors!!
I'll be blaming the HEAT and HUMIDITY on that!! I told ya...........I don't do well with the heat. Spent Friday working in the cab of a 972H.
You know its HOT when you get out of the cab and it seems so mucher cooler outside that you get goose bumps on your skin........when, in fact; the outside air temp was 90+F.
Now...........changing into swim suit and going for a swim in the pool with the dogs. Black fur coat, no perspiration other than panting?? Hmmm, maybe we don't have it so bad??? LOL