• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Just another day in paradise

Mike L

Occupation
Self employed field mechanic
Man oh man it was a Monday! First stop was a lumber mill with an old Michigan loader that has a problem with the bucket lifting. Pumps were growly so I pulled the return filter. Bingo. I’ve seen this on Volvos before. Filter comes unglued and goes through the pump. Pump is obsolete. Customer chose to replace the filter and run it. You know, just in case it self heals. Good enough. Adios.87682337-0B3E-4F1E-B248-798F2B4709E8.jpeg Back in the truck. 100 miles later at another lumber mill. Prentice crane had the stabilizer bar on the rotary manifold fall off and twist up some hoses. Removed the broken bolts, fixed the hoses, and head for the house. KABOOM! Peel off a rear tire. Should’ve seen the cars behind me. Shuckin and jivin all over the place! Limp it to the tire shop 15 miles away and replace 2 rear tires. Thought I’d be helpful and pick up the rear of my truck with the stabilizers so they didn’t have to jack it up. Blew a hose on my truck and sprayed oil all over their shop. 2 tires mounted and it’s time to go home. 12.5 hours later and I didn’t profit one penny after tires, hose, and fuel. Just another day in paradise!
E4B4A829-B656-44DB-BD05-C1762BD8B0E8.jpeg

Mike L

Occupation
Self employed field mechanic
It’s frustrating but I try not to let it bother me much. It’s going to happen from time to time. I run the winter deep tread pattern on the rear for traction in the woods and this one only had 7k miles on it. The inside tires always wear funny on my service trucks so I opted to replace them as a pair and keep the other one for a spare which reminds me I need to finish the spare tire rack.

Coaldust

Occupation
Cargo Tanks, ULSD, RUG, Methanol, LPG
Sorry about your misfortune.

Goodride ? Lol. Sum Ding Wong with that tire. These chinaman tire brands and names are getting out of hand.

As for me, I like my LingLong trailer tires. Linglong last long time.