• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Joy stick controls

jack345

On mini excavators such as Kubota kx61,Takeuchi TB135, are the controls mechanical or electronic? Having read several threads about computer control problems it seems to me its best to have mechanical controls. I'm new to excavators and trying to sort out problem areas before purchasing a used unit, I know on my JD410 backhoe is all mechanical and trouble free linkage. Thanks

Harry Dart

Both models mentioned are pilot control. (mechanical/hydraulic). This just means the joysticks supply low pressure hydraulic signals to the main valve. Actually, both are very reliable machines.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
So far I haven't seen much of electronic controls on joysticks. I was really kind of wondering why because in the machines I have seen them on they work pretty good. Komatsu had some gray market machines that came through that were all electronic control. The joysticks basically told the computer what you were doing and the computer actually made the machine work. The nice thing about it was the thing was programable to do things automatically.

The single grip harvester industry has used the electronic units for a long time. It kept the cabs clean and took the hydraulic oil heat out. There were problems but they weren't any worse than the leaky pilot controllers and trashed out hydraulic systems.