• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Journalists Squeeze 34 mpg out of loaded Super Duty

vtcntrctr

Did anybody actually read the story. The "journalists" where driving only with the goal of fuel efficiency in mind. In fact the team specialized in it. They were fr#!#ng drafting the whole way.

HCF

Occupation
Fabricator
I think that is BS. we have an '07 F-550 that weighs 14,800lbs going down the road every day. .488 gears in the rear end and we average about 15 mpg. We also have an '08 F-350. Never gets loaded, gets driven like it's stolen and averages 13.2 mpg. But, that isn't why you buy a pickup. If you're looking for fuel economy, you buy a car. In the defense of the 6.4, it'll pass everything on the road but a gas station.

stuvecorp

It's kinda bogus if they aren't driving it normal. I like the higher rear axle ratio and have been hearing good things about the new engine.

My 07 550 gets around 9 and it sucks. Love the truck but it kills me to feed it, I guess you either pay for the fuel or the monster truck payment. :beatsme