• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

John Deere CT332

pono123

@mg2361 there's no change to the voltage when I measured the white wire to the negative ground. I removed The sensor wire and that voltage on the white wire now measures zero with no change. Bad sensor or open circuit? It appears this bracket that holds the alternator and AC compressor has to come entirely off to replace the tps

Last edited:

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
The sensor wire and that voltage on the white wire now measures zero
If it dropped to zero when unplugged, then confirm the wire is good between the TPS and the controller. If the wire is good, then a new TPS will be needed.

If it needs a sensor, the sensor will need to be calibrated.

It appears this bracket that holds the alternator and AC compressor has to come entirely off to replace the tps
Yep. And be mindful that I think there might be a spacer behind one or two of the bracket bolts that come in from the timing cover side (IIRC, spacers were only used if the timing cover has ever been replaced).

Check your messages.

pono123

If it dropped to zero when unplugged, then confirm the wire is good between the TPS and the controller. If the wire is good, then a new TPS will be needed.

If it needs a sensor, the sensor will need to be calibrated.

Yep. And be mindful that I think there might be a spacer behind one or two of the bracket bolts that come in from the timing cover side (IIRC, spacers were only used if the timing cover has ever been replaced).

Check your messages.
Thank you very much for the assist!