• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

John Deere 850B no right steering?

psmith1905

The right pedal on my dozer has been sticking for a while now and seems to have gotten worse. While using it this weekend I pushed the right pedal to tun and after it was stuck I reached down to pull the pedal back with my hand and heard a snap and the pedal moved freely up and down but I lost my steering to the right. I'm assuming the linkage broke somewhere...anyone ever run into this issue before or have any advice where to look for the issue? I'm very new to dozers.

Thanks,
-Paul

swampman

I had a similar issue with my case 850E. Didn't break anything, but the pedal would stick and have to be pulled up by foot or hand in order to release the clutch. I traced it down to a bound-up pivot point. Took everything apart, greased well, put back together, and no issues since. Sounds like yours got to the point where it wouldn't move and broke something when you tried to force it. I'd pull all sheet metal and start investigating.

psmith1905

Thanks swampman...hopefully it's an easy part to replace once I find it, I'll start by pulling the lower dash panel off and then trace the linkage to see where it goes from there.