• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

John Deere 690e lc

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Throttle control linkage worn? Air in the fuel? Filters changed? You are talking about engine surge (hunt) right?

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
I would then check fuel pressure. Sounds like the fuel delivery might not keep up with demand.

Degolyerent

It runs smoothly at higher rpm if you work throttle by hand. That is why I think it may be in electronic fuel controller. I don’t know how to test or adjust it.

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
That is why I think it may be in electronic fuel controller

The engine has a mechanical injection pump, so no electronic control of fuel delivery. Only control is a throttle actuator. Is the throttle lever on the injection pump moving back and forth when it is hunting?

Degolyerent

I PM'd you.
Thanks for everything you have done. We used the bypass function on the hydraulic block where the 2 solenoids are and it ran perfectly but at a fast pace. Now what function we had on the panel has been lost. It no longer is able to change modes and just is at a low idle. We would like to test the solenoid. Do you know how many ohms we should have? Is it possible to swap wires from one solenoid to the other to see if function returns to the panel? We have ordered the tech manual book this morning. Thanks again for all you do.

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
We would like to test the solenoid.

Provide a picture of the solenoid you want the spec for. If you are talking about the 2 solenoids where the bypass valve is at they have nothing to do with your panel. They are for the propel speed change and the swing brake (both of them are spec'd at 30 +/- 2 ohms).

Degolyerent

Provide a picture of the solenoid you want the spec for. If you are talking about the 2 solenoids where the bypass valve is at they have nothing to do with your panel. They are for the propel speed change and the swing brake (both of them are spec'd at 30 +/- 2 ohms).
I want to thank you for your help on this repair. I bought the test manual and the tech manuals on thumb drive
and found my problem. The engine speed actuator solenoid did not ohm out correctly.