• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

John Deere 410D Backhoe Loader will not drive: forward or reverse

Katherine A DeHaven

I ordered a 6 point socket as suggested and it worked great . Before hand i cleaned up the area the best i could with a wire brush and some cleaner and it made a nice fit on the bolt with no grinding needed.

I had ordered a Hydraforce solenoid valve before hand by just taking a guess from pictures. It does not seem to match up with the one i pulled out. I might get lucky with another ebay purchase.

As you can tell from the pictures, the one on the left is the one i pulled out and it appears the stem is bent. I'm assuming that is the problem. The one on the right is the one i bought blind.

20220905_190538.jpg 20220905_190605.jpg

NH575E

Occupation
Retired Machinist
That looks close enough it might work. Did you try to screw it in?

Did the original coil have any identification on it? My 4WD coil had a brand and part number on it that wasn't NH and allowed me to find a match with the same brand and different number by measurements.

Katherine A DeHaven

AT148524
Also has a 9620 on the other side.
I've already scoured the internet for a substitute, and John Deere wants $331.00.

I bent the stem back a bit, best i could to make it straight. I gave the solenoid some juice and the plunger is definitely making noise going both up and down. Problem i see is the mechanism inside the holes does not seem to be moving. This might just be the mechanism of this particular solenoid, who knows.

I'll test it tomorrow, see what happens.

Attachments

• solenoid operation.pdf
    112.3 KB · Views: 15

Swetz

Occupation
Electric & Gas Company
That is great!

Happy tractoring!!