• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

John Deere 410 hydraulic troubles

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Like Delmer said, charge pressure (which comes from the transmission pump) has everything to do with your hydraulics. No charge, no hydraulics. Those radial piston pumps don't pull oil at all, so they need help. Check that your clutch is adjusted properly. I see from your posted pictures you have a manual. Adjust the clutch per section 50 page 10-6 first then section 50 page 20-8 second. Then post what the transmission pressure is after the adjustments (with your new gauge).

If that does not bring your pressure up then the next thing I would check is your transmission filter relief valve. That is the large plug on the side of the case just above the transmission filter (see section 70, page 5-10, picture shows location).

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Reverser pressure spec is 160 +/ 5. So 150 would be close enough. To lose that pressure between the trans pump and the hydraulic pump with the filter bypass being OK (you said spring was OK, does the spool move freely and not stuck?) then the next place to lose hyd pump charge pressure would be the cooler bypass valve or the gaskets behind the transmission control valve.

Last edited:

JD410Jersey

Yeah the spool moved no problem slid right out ....I’ll pull apart the control looks from the book the cooler bypass is also in here ... if I pull it a part I’ll see both the cooler bypass and seals ? Looks like the left side of the pic ?

Attachments

• 80088B4A-038A-4528-B716-F041A8A26310.jpeg
    80088B4A-038A-4528-B716-F041A8A26310.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 24

JD410Jersey

So I pulled it apart today and the springs are fine ... unable to get number 36 on the chart out ... which gasket could be an issue ?

JD410Jersey

Yeah it’s not coming out... is there a trick to getting it out ?or should it just come out when I pull the spring ?

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Try a small pair of needle nose pliers to grab it. if that does not work I would just remove the valve assembly completely.

JD410Jersey

So it’s been cold over here but I was able to work on the machine a little today and was able to pull out #36 It was not stuck ... I do have a leak on the low pressure line to oil cooling radiator... the line was rubbing on another metal line and caused a hole ... is it possible it’s sucking air ?

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
The cooler is supposed to have lube pressure in it (8 - 10 psi), not suction oil, but it is a good idea to eliminate leaks anyway.

JD410Jersey

So I finally figured out the issue ... I plugged the tee fitting off the hydraulic main line to the steering valve and the the rest of my hydraulics work as they should ... any recommendations on how to get to the valve easily and what needs to be done to it when I do get to it ... and thanks guys I really appreciate all the help till now

56wrench

electric de-stroke valve stuck? it de-strokes the pump while cranking allowing the starter to spin the engine easier. just a random thought