• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

John Deere 310c issues

hosspuller

Farmtoys … TPG is being bashful. While the debris "Could be" dirt or rust... consider the very fine fuel filtering set up Deere designed. Ask yourself how could dirt get through it, to get into the pump. Very likely, the debris is coming from the pump itself. So something in the pump is coming apart. This particular pump design has a flexible ring that holds the governor weights. It's well known for the flex ring to break down and shed pieces.

In my case the only decision was to go back to the flex ring or a more expensive part that eliminated the break down and the flex ring. I chose to stay with the flex ring since it took 30 years to fail. I figure it'll be someone else's problem in another 30 years.

showrguy

Farmtoys, I have 2 older Deere backhoes a 410 and a 310..
I’ve had the same issues as you with both machines, the one was what thepumpguy is trying to diagnose, the pump needed rebuilt..
However, the other was a bunch of garbage/rust/slime/sludge, ect.. in the bottom of the fuel tank, causing blockage and starving the machine for fuel after running for awhile..
If you have an old shopvac, get a 3’ piece of 3/4-!” PVC, tape it tight to the hose and suck out a gallon or 2 of fuel, see what it looks like… At least that’ll tell you what it’s NOT..
Oh, and start with a cleaned out shopvac canister..
Good luck..

showrguy

Have u ever heard of a “suck bucket”.. that’s what I/we use for liquids..
U can Google it..
Haaaa, Nope, never heard of one till now..
I did a quick search, and landed on a thread from HEF… How sweet…
Anywho, I used a piece of rigid pipe so I knew exactly where I was in the tank,,,, 20 years prior on the same machine, we used the clear tubing to suck out the hair/fuel mixture,,, what a freakin mess, no wonder it kept shutting down..