• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

john deere 310c backhoe Transmission and Hydraulic Oil.

flyingpassage

Occupation
retired UPS feeder driver
I have a 310a which is a little older then your 310c but mine the oil is shared, there is a transmission pump in the transmission that pumps oil to the pump up front,I am sure yours would be the same set up. When it gets warmer I am getting ready to change the oil out. I have Rotalla hd oil for it which is 10w 30w fluid

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Dose the john deere 310c backhoe Transmission and Hydraulic Oil share the same Oil?

Welcome to HEF Keneth;)! No, they are separate reservoirs. Same oil, yes. Hydraulics, transaxle and the reverser use Hygard.

geminijo

Transaxle has a dip stick/fill tube under a flap in the floor mat in front of the seat under your left leg when seated while driving.Reverser dip stick /fill tube is behind swing out door right above the hydraulic reservoir on the right side( while seated) of the hoe

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Reverser oil is checked with the transaxle and reverser in neutral, park brake engaged and the engine idling. The transaxle oil level is checked with the engine off.