• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

John deere 210c

bob byers

we have a JD 210C that we have an issue,, it defaults to N after about 5-10 mins of use ,, pressures are good and clucth botton is working fine with no disruption during operation, But here is the wierd part <<< if I shut of the ing key and restart asap it goes right back to work for about 5-10 mins and defaults to N again
any suggestions guys
all systems pressure are to spec and i have ran a muilt meter in the system to see if the cultch button is causing the issue
also pressure are fine when this happens

equip guy

Occupation
Ag and Construction Equip mechanic
Have you checked the voltage at clutch solonoid before and just after default. Don't have manual with me today, but wonder even if button is ok,, does the solnoid heat up and cause it to disengage? Or if ground disengages it, and you have a rubbing wire, maybe a short? Keep us posted

Deon

Solenoids need to be powered up all the time so it will stay engaged. But if you have a break in the internal solenoid coil you will still have 12 volts to the connection but when the coil heats up for 10 minutes it will separate at the break until it cools down again to reconnect. I've seen this happen before in an ignition pickup coil. Can you switch the forward solenoid with the reverse one to see what happens?

bob byers

Solenoids need to be powered up all the time so it will stay engaged. But if you have a break in the internal solenoid coil you will still have 12 volts to the connection but when the coil heats up for 10 minutes it will separate at the break until it cools down again to reconnect. I've seen this happen before in an ignition pickup coil. Can you switch the forward solenoid with the reverse one to see what happens?

tractor has no coils it is manual shift just has a elect clutch for shifting .thank you .

Deon

tractor has no coils it is manual shift just has a elect clutch for shifting .thank you .

If you have a solenoid on your JD backhoe it has a coil inside. A solenoid is an electro magnet that consist of a coil of wire. When activated causes a metal part to move and in this case engages your transmission. If the coil is broken your transmission will not engage or at least not dependably.

equip guy

Occupation
Ag and Construction Equip mechanic
I have down loaded the operations and tests manual, do you still need help with this?