• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JCB 550/170 How to remove steering wheel

corrinne

Can anyone help me .. need to remove a steering wheel from a 2007 JCB 550/170. I was hoping to find a video but no luck. Hoping someone in this forum can help me. Thanks in advance!

CDNDIESELMONKEY

Pop the plastic JCB cover off with a screwdriver. Use a 22mm or 24 mm and loosen the nut. Back it off till it's still on two threads. Get your very strong assistant in there and lift hard on both sides of the wheel at 9 and 3 o'clock.. they're tight but that's the way to get it off.

corrinne

Pop the plastic JCB cover off with a screwdriver. Use a 22mm or 24 mm and loosen the nut. Back it off till it's still on two threads. Get your very strong assistant in there and lift hard on both sides of the wheel at 9 and 3 o'clock.. they're tight but that's the way to get it off.
Thank you will give it a try!

skata

or remove nut and pull out on wheel and tap on the center shaft with a hammer. be careful not to ruin threads.

Tinkerer

Remove the nut and put an air chisel with a dull pointed tip on the center of the shaft. Apply upward pressure on the steering wheel and rattle the shaft with the chisel at the same time. Never has failed for me.

B0B

Occupation
Mechanic
Can anyone help me .. need to remove a steering wheel from a 2007 JCB 550/170. I was hoping to find a video but no luck. Hoping someone in this forum can help me. Thanks in advance!
I like to loosen the nut and wiggle/pull the wheel off. DO NOT remove the nut just loosen it.