• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

IT 28f lost in reverse, reverse slips to forward

Nwufor

Hello seniors...am electrotechnician working on IT28F with sn: 3CL00681. It's secondhand just imported and it came with the reverse problem...I've been working on it since yesterday and it's a little tricky. I read hear a couple of similar problems without an outstanding conclusion.
I swapped the reverse solenoide with the forward low, had no movement still but when I swapped the valves it transfers only to reverse, no forward movement. So I thought it was an electrovan problem.today I bought a new electrovan and installed in the reverse slot but still had thesame problem(no reverse)...later today I completely lost both reverse and forward signals ...So am confused...I need your help.thank

Nwufor

Again I searched for the ECM and ET slot to no avail...does this machine even have an ECM?
Hello seniors...am electrotechnician working on IT28F with sn: 3CL00681. It's secondhand just imported and it came with the reverse problem...I've been working on it since yesterday and it's a little tricky. I read hear a couple of similar problems without an outstanding conclusion.
I swapped the reverse solenoide with the forward low, had no movement still but when I swapped the valves it transfers only to reverse, no forward movement. So I thought it was an electrovan problem.today I bought a new electrovan and installed in the reverse slot but still had thesame problem(no reverse)...later today I completely lost both reverse and forward signals ...So am confused...I need your help.thank

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Pull the suction screen from the front of the transfer case and inspect it for burnt clutch material before proceeding further. That should really have been your first move.

No ET on those machines. You know how to iuse a Click Box.?

Nwufor

No sir..
Pull the suction screen from the front of the transfer case and inspect it for burnt clutch material before proceeding further. That should really have been your first move.

What's a click box?

Nwufor

I thought about that too...what diversed my attention was the fact that when I exchanged the valves forward low to reverse its changed and could only move in reverse but no forward.and when I swap them back it goes on reverse only.

Nige

I thought about that too...what diversed my attention was the fact that when I exchanged the valves forward low to reverse its changed and could only move in reverse but no forward.and when I swap them back it goes on reverse only.
Get into the suction screen first. You need to know if there is a mechanical problem with a (clutch or clutches)

What's a click box?
Educate yourself.

Nwufor

Ok ...thank you sir....I'll get back to you soonest....

Again why did I lost both reverse and forward signals ...is there any possibility the entire valve group needs overhaul or some dirt blocked the spool...

Nige

Again why did I lost both reverse and forward signals ...is there any possibility the entire valve group needs overhaul or some dirt blocked the spool...
Possible. An inspection of the screen will tell you if there are any major mechanical defects in the clutches. If there are then the complete tranmission is comng out either way........